Peaceful Afternoon

It was hard to believe that Bucky had asked you to be his girl over a year ago but here you were wrapped in his arms as he took deep breaths in his sleep. You had fallen for this man, He is the love of your life.
You cuddled closer to him, closing your eyes in bliss. Just as you rested your head on his chest you felt a kiss on your head.
"Good morning, Doll." He rasped out in his deep morning voice.
"Good morning, my love. Did you sleep well?" You asked while pulling back a little to look up at his face, giggling a little at him because his eyes were still shut in a sleepy daze.
"I slept pretty well, no nightmares." He responded with a slight yawn.
"It's good that they're easing up on you. I need my man well rested." you patted his chest smiling up at him. He sighed at your teasing.
"You're so lucky I love you, darling." He finally opened his eyes to look down at you.
"You're damn right you love me and I love you too James." you replied while pushing yourself up to kiss his lips gently nibbling at his bottom lip.

"Nope, not this morning missy. We spent most of our night making love to each other, now it's time to eat." he pulled away before sitting up and standing up completely nude.
"Have I ever told you how hot you look?" You told him while checking him out, making your way back up to meet his eyes and winking.
"You have and every time you do I tell you how gorgeous you are and how lucky I am to have you. Now let's go get breakfast. We both need food." He said while grabbing a pair of his sweatpants leaving his upper body bare.
Bucky left you laying in bed knowing you'd be coming after him. "James!!! You get your cute ass back here right this instant and let me shower you with complements and my love." You shouted jokingly to him, only to hear him bark a laugh out in return.

Shortly after your response you put on Bucky's t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. Making your way down stairs to the kitchen of your shared home. That's right your shared home just after your first anniversary you asked him to move in with you since he was already spending most of his time there and spending the night almost daily.

Making your way into the kitchen you could see Bucky standing by the stove humming a tune while cooking breakfast. You snuck up behind him wrapping your arms around his slender waist, standing on the tips of your toes kissing the side of his neck.

" I love you James." you whispered to him and rested your forehead on his upper back.
"I love you too, Doll." He replied while turning around in your arms, leaning down to kiss your lips and hold you close for a moment resting his chin on the top of your head.
" Let me finish up with breakfast then we can cuddle and plan out our day after eating. Okay?" he asked you. Before letting go of your waist and turning to face the food.
"Sounds like a plan Sargent Sugarplum." You jokingly said while making your way to get the dishes and silverware for breakfast.
"Ugh...Really Sargent Sugarplum Doll." Bucky huffed with a small smile on his face.
You smiled at him while setting the table.
"Only for you my love." You laughed sitting down as he brought the hot pan of eggs and bacon over and leaning over to kiss the top of your head before serving your food before his own.
"Thank you for breakfast Darling." you said after he went to serve himself.
" You're welcome sweetheart." He said, taking a bite of his bacon.

You both made lighthearted conversion while you ate and when you cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast.
After you had cleaned the kitchen you and Bucky made your way to the living room to cuddle and plan out the day.
" We need to make a trip to the farmers market but before that we need to go to the cafe. I need to pick up some applications for a new barista." You looked over at Bucky who had just put his arm around you.
"Sounds like a plan. We should make a list of what we need to get from the farmers market." he said while leaning into you.
You pulled out your phone ready to make the grocery list for the week.
"Do you want Ciorba de Perisoare one night?" you asked him while still looking down at your phone.
"That's the meatball soup right? Cause if it is then yes I do." He responded with slight confusion.
"It is the meatball soup. So we'll need some meat to make the meatballs, tomatoes, onions, and some dill. We have the rest of the ingredients here." you muttered to yourself while typing what you needed down.
"I can make alfredo one night." he suggested.
You added heavy cream,parmesan cheese, chicken and pasta.
"I added plums and a few other fruits for the week and veggies." you spoke out absentmindedly.
"You know me so well." Bucky spoke with a grin.

You both took a shower together and got ready to leave the house for the farmers market.
Making your way out of the house, Bucky turned to lock the front door before turning back to you, taking your hand and kissing the top of your hand.
You stopped at the Cafe grabbing the application and greeting your regular patrons and making sure everything was running smoothly before leaving for the farmers market.

As you and Bucky made your way through the stalls of the Farmers Market picking up fruits and veggies. Bucky asked to stop at the news stand to see what was going on with the Avengers and Steve.
He liked to see how Steve's life was going even if his memory was still hazy about him. While Bucky was reading through the papers a urgent message came on the TV in the news stand claiming Bucky was involved in a bombing killing the Wakanden king.

Feeling terrified that people would come after him or more importantly you made him feel sick to his stomach, quickly turning to you with a glint of fear in his steel blue eyes told you everything. You remained as calm as possible covering Bucky's face and making your way home. Just as you made it to your front lawn you saw the front door open just a crack.
Bucky noticed this as well and pushed you carefully behind him ready to protect you in case anyone tried to fire at him.
Carefully opening the door and grabbing the umbrella near the door as a form of protection. That's when you saw a tall man wearing a blue helmet standing in your kitchen with his back to you and Bucky reading through one of James's memory journals
"Understood." he said to what you were assuming was an in ear device.

Upon hearing the sounds of footsteps the man turned around revealing the one and only Captain America.
"Do you know me?" He questioned Bucky.
"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." Bucky told him, but you knew that he was lying.
Steve looked down listening to something.
"Doll go up stairs and grab the backpack from under the bed." Bucky turned to you with a calm tone.
After saying that Steve looked back at Bucky.
"Look, I know you're nervous. You have plenty of reason to be, but you're lying" Steve said softly.
"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore. I was with my girlfriend all week helping at her cafe Confections Kisses." Bucky told Steve clenching his jaw, trying to understand why someone would target him.
"Well the people that think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve tried to reason with him.
"He's telling the truth, Captain. James has been with me and my employees all week. So he has an alibi and cannot be detained or be taken without appropriate questioning." You said while coming down the stairs with the backpack on one shoulder. Bucky was in awe of you but knew that it was time to leave cause they would rather have him dead then believe a man that had committed so many crimes even if it wasn't in his right mind.

Just then you heard footsteps making their way around the perimeter of your home.
"It doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve said
"It always ends in a fight." Bucky said dejectedly.
"James, listen to me. They may not have a search warrant. The house is under my name therefore they're trespassing on private property. For now I need you to go with the Captain and stay safe." Bucky didn't look too happy about the situation but knew that this was best.
"Don't forget I was a lawyer before I became a business owner." you reminded him.
"I love you, Doll. Stay safe for me." He said kissing your lips before turning and leaving with Steve.
"I love you too James. Please be safe." you said watching him leave before turning and making your way to the front door watching them about to ram the front door open. You quickly opened the door, staying out of the way just as they sent the first ram into the door.

"Now would anyone like to show me a search warrant or a warrant for arrest on James Buchannan Barnes or are you illegally trespassing and about to destroy private property, which is a class 1 misdemeanor." You spoke firmly to the officers with an icy glare.
"Ma'am if you are housing Mr.Barnes we will have to arrest him immediately." one of the officers spoke firmly.
"Well I'm sorry gentlemen and possible ladies but Mr.Barnes is not currently home at the moment he went out to fetch us some dinner before we saw the news. Even then he is innocent and has multiple alibi over the last week. " You stated while keeping a steady tone.
"We're only doing as told and that was to bring Mr. Barnes in alive or dead." another officer spoke, making your temper boil over. "I understand that sir but we will need to bring in an alibi. He is innocent until proven guilty. And I will represent him in the court of law under oath. " you glared at the officers. Before stepping out of the house allowing the officers to search the house for Bucky only to come out a short while later empty handed.
"I hope you will be replacing any damaged items by the end of the week or we will have another case on our hands." you told them as they left.
"We apologize Ma'am, we'll have it repaired right away." Said the sergeant as they made their way out.
You signed out feeling thankful that you grabbed all of Bucky's weapons and put them in his backpack before he left with Steve.

Word count: 1875