Breakfast

You, Bucky and Loki made your way through the halls of the compound to the dining room where almost everyone was seated.
Sam was leaning on the countertop panting and covered in sweat reaching for the water bottle that Steve was handing him, while Clint was standing at the stove making pancakes and bacon.

"You know you could've slowed down a little bit." Sam said between pants.
"I was running late, I had to get the mileage in." Steve said, wiping some sweat from his brow.
"What are you, a car?" Sam said, looking up at the man.
"Well no but still I was behind schedule." Steve said, shaking his head in disappointment before both men burst out laughing.
"No but really. Please slow down a little." Sam asked Steve.
"I'll work on it." Steve said, smiling before turning towards the three of you by the doorway.
"Oh, Good morning you three. How did you all sleep?" Steve greeted.
"Good morning Steve, I slept okay." You smiled
"Loki and I had a good chat and all three of us watched the sunrise." Bucky said smoothly.
"Sounds like a nice night and morning for you Buck." Steve said with a small smile.
"The Sargeant and Y/N were delightful to spend time with." Loki said joyfully while making his way to the table to take a seat.

Bucky led you to the table guiding you with his hand that rested on the small of your back.
He pulled out your seat and pushed your chair in once you were seated before leaning down and kissing the side of your temple before taking the chair next to you.
The rest of the team began filtering into the room and taking seats around the table; sitting in any spot that was available.

Clint came out of the kitchen carrying a large tray of steaming hot pancakes followed by Steve who had the bacon and what looked like a fruit salad.
They sat the food on the table and Tony grabbed the pancakes first taking a couple before passing in to the next person till it reached Bucky. He picked up two pancakes and placed them on your plate before getting his own.
This went for the bacon and fruit too. Bucky had always made sure to serve you your food whenever he cooked, it was just something he did even back in Romania.

The meal had light conversation and was actually enjoyable.
"Hey Tin man, When's Peter supposed to be here?" Sam asked, looking at the head of the table where Tony sat with some bacon hanging out of his mouth.
"He said he'd be here around eleven thirty-ish. Aunt May needed him to do some chores before coming over today." Tony said, still chewing on the piece of bacon.
"Whose Peter?" You leaned over towards Loki who sat on the other side of you.
"He's the young spiderling known as Spiderman." Loki whispered back to you.
"Ohh. I don't know who that is. Romania was somewhat peaceful. " You laughed a little before you heard the topic at the table change.
The chatter around the table was a difficult task to focus on because one end of the table was talking about new red bottom shoes at the mall and the other was technology based and work outs.
You looked over at Bucky to see how he was doing and saw him zoning out looking at the table.
He looked like he wanted to join in the conversation with Sam,Clint and Steve about different workout methods for certain muscle groups but Bucky stayed silent the rest of the morning making no effort to talk; granted you didn't try to make conversation either besides your question to Loki but that was it.

When you were finished you took note of everyone's empty plates and got up from your seat going around the table asking if they were done eating before grabbing the empty plates and making your way to the kitchen as everyone looked at you with bewildered expressions.
"Hey, Y/N whatcha doing?" Clint asked.
"Cleaning up the dishes, Why?" You looked over your shoulder and saw everyone looking at you.
"You know you don't have to, we have people that do that for us." Tony said seeing the confusion on your face.
"Why hire someone for a simple job you could do yourself?" You turned to face the table.
"Who wants to do dishes so early in the morning though?" Tony said, sliding down in his seat.
"Me and James always cleaned up after meals even though we could hire someone to do it for us. It gives us extra time to spend with one another before we get on with our day." You reasoned.
"That actually sounds pretty nice. Reminds me of my childhood." Steve said softly.
"It's nice. It helps us slow down sometimes." Bucky spoke up quietly.
"I guess if you really want to you can." Tony said rather begrudgingly.
"I don't see an issue with it. My kids and Laura do it at the farm house along with other chores." Clint shrugged.
"We could try to do more around the compound." Sam thought out loud.
"I also don't mind doing things around the compound. It would help me feel a little more useful around here." You offered.
"You sure? You don't have too." Natasha said from beside Bruce.
"She's right, you can relax for a while if you want to." Bruce said, reaching to hold Natasha's hand that was resting on the table.
"It's perfectly fine. I need something to do anyways." You shrugged gently.
"Alright Dorothy, just let me know what you want to do and I'll make sure the hires don't get in your way." Tony said with an actual genuine smile.
"Thank you, Trash can." You said with a teasing smile.

You walked around the kitchen island to the massive barn style sink and started washing all the plates and utensils. You were almost done with the dishes when you felt a pair of arms wrap securely around your waist.
"Hey you." You said looking over your shoulder to come face to face with Bucky.
"Hey Love." He said leaning down and gently kissing your lips before settling his head on your shoulder.
"What are you doing, James?" You gave him a slight side eye.
"Nothing, just spending some time with my dame, " Bucky said nuzzling into your neck more leaving soft butterfly kisses in his wake.
"Well, I enjoy your company." you whispered as you completed washing the last plate before turning in his arms to face him and resting your head gingerly on his toned chest.
"It's nice that we get to spend time like this. It's been a hectic three days." Bucky said, muttering against your hair.
"It is nice to be able to take a moment to breathe." you said.

Bucky held you for a while longer before you both made your way back to your suite to shower and get changed for the day.
As you approached the door Bucky had held the door open for you while you stepped inside.
"Thank you James." You said and swayed your hips as you made your way to the bathroom.
Bucky could only respond with a boyish grin as he watched your hips sway from left to right.
"You coming, Lover boy?" You called.
"You bet I am." He sputtered out rushing to catch up with you.

During the shower Bucky was very tentative while he washed your hair and body leaving little touches as he went.
You of course returned the favor by washing his long dark brown hair running your fingers through his wet hair gently every now and then causing him to close his eyes as he finally relaxed. .

After the shower Bucky stepped over to your clothing grabbing you a comfortable white lace bra and panty set and a sage green sundress with your white strappy heels before grabbing a pair of black bowers, jeans and Black Tee for himself.

You put on your clothes and put on some light makeup at the vanity located in the shared closet.
As you were about to apply some lip gloss to your lips Bucky came bounding into the closet with a grin.
"What has you so giddy? Not that I mind." You said leaning closer to the mirror to apply your lip gloss.
"You know, having a beautiful dame. And Steve said He'd take us to the Farmers market in a small town about an hour away." He said coming towards you wrapping an arm around you and kissing the top of your head.
"That does sound exciting. When are we leaving?" You asked, looking up at him in the mirror.
"Steve said after Peter gets here we can all leave." He replied.
"Who else is joining us?" You asked, turning in your seat.
"He said Loki asked to join and we'd ask Peter if he wants to come with us." He said leaning down to kiss your lips.
"That sounds like a good day." You said leaning into his firm muscular body for a hug.

Word Count: 1529