Chapter 12 The Ultimate Team

Forever Fall - Day 5 - Tuesday

The White Heiress hoisted Ruby Rose onto her back, careful not to upset the blood soaked bandage tightly wrapped around the Reaper's abdomen and waist. The Schnee made sure her partner's arms were draped over her torso before hooking her arms beneath the redhead's knees.

Weiss: Alright Ruby. . . Just hang in there.

The whitette's bright blue eyes glistened, the scar running down her left eye seemingly glowing for just a moment as she looked down to the device in her hand. . .

An electronic map with the tracking data for Yang and Blake programmed into it. It was something she made sure to grab when she and Ruby raided the White Fang's campsite. . .

Weiss: Please. . . Please be at the last temple by now.

———————————————————————

It was the 20th of May, the break of dawn on the horizon. The rising sun hit Remnant, returning light to Beacon Academy. . . The Headmistress patiently waited for a new development in Team RWBY's survival training, yet her monitor remained blank. . .

Glynda: . . . I know they have problems with their teamwork, but. . . this is unnatural. Should I go to investigate myself?

Right as the thought reached her mind, her screen flashed red. Green eyes locked onto the alert, the blinking red exclamation point that meant one thing. . .

Emergency.

Glynda: . . . I pray for you, Team RWBY. . .

Just hang on. . . Whatever's happening, I will put a stop to it.

———————————————————————

The final ruin was an aging fortress. Walls were caved in, ceilings were missing, and debris was scattered about. Bloody trees had grown within its interior, littering the grounds with red leaves. . .

The eternal red mist of the Forever Fall invaded even the center of the large structure, a blinking blue light visible through the fog. It's beat echoed through the fortress. Just outside were the ones who activated the beacon, resting against the battered double doors that were the entrance to the temple. . .

The sun broke through the fog. Yang Xiao-Long stood with her arms crossed, sole gauntlet glimmering while her loose clothing and shining gold locks gently swayed with the wind. . .

Blake Belladonna sat on the long blades of grass, her cat ears twitching every few moments as she played with the rope attaching her two swords.

Yang: When we get back, I am going to sleep for days! (Yawns)

Blake: Sleep does sound pretty nice right about now. . .

Hearing rustling in the distance, the two tensed up, the blonde pumping her shotgun gauntlet while the faunus tightly grasped her sword.

Yang: Looks like we got our work cut out for us first though. . .

Blake: Yeah. They probably got the signal too. . .

The silhouettes of the first wave of White Fang soldiers came into view. . .

Yang: Welp, we came this far. I'm not letting these guys 'ruin' this! Eh? Eh?

Blake: . . . . . . . . .

Yang: Oh come on! That one was good!

Blake: Shut up and fight. . . .