Chapter 14 The Girl in My Dreams

Birds chirped as they flew into the horizon, the puffy clouds churning with the morning breeze while the peachy sunrise hovered over Remnant.

Amethyst and viridian met, gazing to one another in silence. It took some time, but one of them eventually found the courage to speak. . .

Sal-u-tations!

An excited, cheerful voice reached Moon's ears, his eyes widening as Penny Polendina raised her hand and waved exuberantly.

Moon: Um. . . Hi. (Waves)

Penny: Would you happen to know when the next airship for Beacon is arriving? You do look like a Beacon student. . . Though, you seem quite young. . . AH! I'm so sorry! I realized I never introduced myself!

She pointed to herself and smiled.

Penny: I'm Penny! You are. . .?

Violet blinked twice, slowly grasping the cable of his earbuds and gently tugging them loose. He bundled them up and slipped them into his pocket, taking a deep breath. . .

Moon: I'm, uh. . . I'm Moon. It's nice to meet you. . . Penny.

Penny: Like-wise! Anywho! Can you answer my question?

Moon: Wait, why do you want to go to Beacon?

Penny: Oh, I'm a transfer student from Atlas!

Moon: You're the transfer student?!

Penny: MHM!

Moon: (Whispers) I thought those were just rumors. . . Oh, right. Um. . . The Bullhead won't be here for a while.

The excitement and natural joy in her seemed to drain out of her, eyes dimming as she sunk in place. . .

Penny: (Mumbles) That. . . That's unfortunate. I wanted to be early.

The boy's eyes glistened, his heart beating slow. He spoke before he realized what he said. . .

Moon: . . . I can fly you there.

Penny: MM! You can?!

All life returned to the redhead as the Swordsman internally slapped himself for being so brash!

Moon: U-Uh, I mean. . . Yeah?

Penny: Oh, thank you! Thank you! Wait. . .

Anticipating her question, the young man raised his hand, summoning a crystals and twirling it between his fingers.

Moon: My Semblance.

Penny: Woah, pretty. . .! Will you escort me, Moon?!

Seeing as he already offered, and was not keen on see her so dejected again, Moon donned a small smile and clicked the ground with the toe of his boots. His semblance spread from the point of contact, crystallizing the platform. . .

Moon: I'd get your things.

Penny: Oh, thank you!

The girl quickly ran to his side, grabbing her small backpack and hooking her arms beneath the straps. She childishly hopped in place as the ground rumbled, small shards rising up as an orchid mist began radiating off the lavender crystals. . .

Penny: So, how will this- GOOOO-!

A crystalline tower bursted into existence, shooting Moon and Penny into the sky! The poor girl shrieked and threw herself onto Violet, hooking her arms around his neck as they began to soar across a crystal bridge! Moon's cheeks flushed deeply as she tightened her hold, their path zigzagging!