Chapter 16 The Spinning Coin

The moment the doors shut behind Pyrrha Nikos, Moon Lumos decided he'd heard enough and quickly slid down a trail of crystals along the side of the dorms, soon arriving at the window to his room. He gently pushed them open and climbed into the shadowy chamber. . .

The young man took a glance at the digital clock on his desk. . .

11:59

Moon: . . . It is pretty late. . . And she'll probably need a moment to cool down.

Violet flicked on the light unlatched Luna and her sheath from his hip and gently placed her upon her mount. The swordsman stripped out of his armor and battle clothes, and hopped into the shower. . .

While the streams of water cascaded down his smooth and pale skin, the teenager contemplated on everything he'd heard tonight. Or last night.

In all honesty. . . Moon decided that he could care less about Jaune sneaking into Beacon. Sure, it was wrong, unfair, and most definitely illegal, but at the end of the day. . .

Jaune was here.

And that would be continue to be the case unless someone with the power to change that happened to find out. Jaune Arc was a registered student of Beacon Academy, training to become a Huntsman. . .

Aside from that, well. . . Violet summed it with a few words.

Moon: (mumbles) Jaune. . . is an idiot.

And enough said. It was one thing to cheat your way in and have the ability to back up such a risky decision, and it was another to do so without that layer of insurance. Even with a decently tactical and strategic mind, Jaune just couldn't face anyone in their Combat Studies class one-on-one. Even the weaker first years would be able to defeat him in battle.

As awful as that sounded, it wouldn't be such a problem if Jaune actually put in the effort to improve. He'd come to Beacon and expected to be turned into a warrior, yet acted clueless when Beacon only handed him the tools to make that happen himself.

What made it worse was that Jaune truly did have potential, anyone could see that. The blonde had the will to try, but he didn't have the will to keep trying. . .

Moon: . . . (Sighs)

The teenager understood the desire to be something greater, the desire to be a Hero, a Warrior. Ruby had those very ambitions after all. . . But that was the difference between his sister and his friend.

For Jaune, being a Hero was his dream. For Ruby, being a Hero was her ambition.

The young man rubbed down his hair with a towel to dry it, tossing it onto the rack as he stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in mauve sweatpants and a black tank-top.

Plugging in his earbuds, Violet found himself falling onto the couch in the lounge of his lonely dorm. The amethyst irises encircling his pupils glistened as he stared blankly at the ceiling. . .

Moon: Can't say I blame Pyrrha for exploding. . .

Seeing the Spartan in such a state was not only surprising, but frightening. The girl he'd befriended at the start of his journey through Beacon had been nothing but kind and cheerful, and seeing her so frustrated and angry felt. . . wrong.