01. Pilot

Season One

Dean pulled up outside Stanford and shut off the engine. "We're here."

Alana felt around for the handle and slowly stepped out.

A weight settled on her arm and she felt the solid grasp of the man she held dear.

"What if he doesn't come with us?" Alana asked.

"I don't know. I kind of hoped he would. Watch your step. We're coming up to stairs."

Dean placed her hand on the railing and slowly walked up with her.

"And how are you getting inside?"

"The window." He watched as her expression became a frown. "I'll help you in, sweetheart."

"You'd better. This was your idea in the first place."

"Yes it was."

She laughed softly and Dean opened the window to Sam's apartment. He climbed through first, then helped Alana through.

When both were inside, Dean closed the window almost the entire way.

Dean clinked the beer cabinet while holding Alana's hand. They walked past the string at the far end of the hall. He hit his hip on the corner of a table.

Sam, who had been woken up, moved to another part of the apartment and waited as Dean and Alana entered the room.

Sam lunged forward and grabbed Dean's shoulder. Dean knocked Sam's arm away and aimed a strike at Sam, who ducked. Dean grabbed Sam's arm, swung him around, and shoved him back. Sam kicked and was blocked before being pushed into another room. Sam got a glimpse of Dean, though he didn't immediately recognize his brother. Alana stayed back, hearing the noises though not completely understanding what was going on. Dean elbowed Sam in the face and Sam kicked at his head. Dean ducked and swung, but Sam blocked it. Dean knocked Sam down and pinned him to the floor, one hand at Sam's neck and the other holding Sam's wrist.

"Whoa, easy tiger," Dean said.

Sam breathed hard. "Dean?" His elder brother laughed. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"That's 'cause you're out of practice."

Sam grabbed Dean's hand and yanked, slamming his heel into Dean's back and Dean to the floor.

"Or not," Dean said.

Sam tapped Dean twice where he had him.

"Get off of me," Dean demanded.

Sam rolled to his feet and pulled Dean up. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Alana followed the voices and said, "He was looking for a beer."

Sam looked at her as Dean put his hands on Sam's shoulders, shook once, and let go.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sam repeated. "Who is she?"

Dean and Alana exchanged a look before Dean said, "Okay. All right. We gotta talk. This is my girlfriend, Alana."

"Uh, the phone?"

"If I'd'a called, would you have picked up?"

Jessica turned the light on. She was in pink short shorts and a gray cropped Smurfs shirt.

"Sam?" Jess called.

The three hunters turned their heads in unison.

"Jess," Sam noted. "Hey. Dean, Alana, this is my girlfriend, Jessica."