162. Black

Season Ten

EXT. FOREST

A woman was suspended above someone by chains. She was bleeding from several wounds.

"I heard the rumors. I said "no, that can't be". A Winchester, one of us? But it's true, isn't it? Whatever soul you had; whatever boy scout code you cuddled up to at night; it's all gone. Leaving what? Look at you!"

Sam held a bloody knife. "Where is Crowley?"

"Eat me," Dar retorted.

Sam nodded and smirked, hesitated, stepped forward, and plunged the knife into Dar's stomach. "One more time! Where is Crowley?!"

Sam twisted the blade as Dar moaned in pain. "Where's my brother?"

"I don't know!" Dar cried.

Sam cut Dar's neck and held a cup to it to catch the blood.

"No one knows!" Dar screamed. "They won't answer!"

"Make the call!" Sam ordered.

"We're under orders!!"

"Make the call!!"

Dar was crying. "Please!"

Sam dropped the cup, grabbed Dar's face, and screamed at her. "Where's my brother?!"

He made his way back to the bunker and picked up the books, 'Demonic Possession' and 'Rituals of Human Possession'.

Sylvie walked up to Sam with a cup of coffee. "So? Anything?"

Sam shook his head. "Not yet. How's Alana?"

"She's trying to be strong for the kids, but I know she misses Dean."

"We'll find him."

Sam answered his phone and spoke a little before saying, "Right, right, so, no noticeable crop failures, no mass cattle deaths, nothing?"

"No, nothing on the radar, nothing on the scope. I'd say that's a good thing."

"No... yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. I hear you, Mike. Thanks. That is a good thing. All right, well, keep me posted if anything does pop up."

"All right. Watch yourself, Sam."

"I will. You got it. Thanks."

Sam hung up the phone. He washed his face with his good hand, since one was in the sling, and stared into the mirror. He and Sylvie sat at the table with books, a police scanner, and researched crop conditions on his laptop. Eventually, they got up and opened the door to Dean's room and turned on the light. He picked up a folded note from Dean's pillow, which read 'SAMMY, ALANA, SYLVIE, LET ME GO'. They made their way to the kitchen, made breakfast and coffee and sat, still researching. They looked at a page. "Missing Ohio Man Found Slain in Wisconsin". He snatched up his phone and dialed.

"Sam. Hello," Castiel said.

"I think I might have found something."

"Oh good, good." He coughed several times painfully.

"Cas? You there?"

"It's okay, I'm... um... I'm okay. Go... go on." He coughed more painfully.

"All right, get this. A "John Doe" who was murdered in Wisconsin a week ago turns out to be this guy named Drew Neely who went missing from religious order in Northern Ohio... okay?"

"Yeah?" Castiel coughed again.

"Now, Drew Neely had been missing for three years. Killed his wife, his kids... just disappeared. I know it's thin, but... if this guy was possessed..."