165. Paper Moon

DURHAM, WASHINGTON - BIKER BAR (PANHEADS)

A mystery person stood near the bar, outside the door, and as they entered, bikers looked at the person approvingly.

They mystery person entered the bar full of bikers, both men and women. The woman had a bracelet and red painted lips. She started walking through the bar, looking the patrons up and down.

"I know, right?" a female patron said.

The mystery woman continued perusing the bar until she settled on a young man who blatantly returned her interest. Outside the building, the woman slammed the man up against the wall and ripped open his shirt.

"Damn," the biker said. "Girl after my own heart."

"That's the idea, sweetie," the girl replied.

"What the hell?"

The mystery woman grew claws and slashed the biker's throat. He fell to the ground where she attacked him snarling.

LAKE

A boat cruised past on the open water. Sam, Alana, holding Maren, and Dean – sunglasses on – were kicking back and drinking beers, tea for Alana, at the waterside. Sam had his right arm in a sling. Sylvie and the older kids were playing in the water.

"Hey, something I needed to ask you," Dean said.

"Shoot," Sam replied.

Dean, amused, continued. "You've been... Kicked, bit, scratched, stabbed, possessed, killed... And you sprain your friggin' elbow?"

"Dude, it was more than a sprain. All right? And it was a friggin' demon, but..."

"What? That sling come with a slice of... crybaby pie on the side?"

An amused smile crossed Alana's face.

Sam smiled despite himself.

Dean smirked. "Please."

They laughed and sat companionably for a moment, then Sam turned to study his brother and asked in a concerned tone, "How you doing?"

"Golden, man."

"Come on."

Sam gave Dean his puppy dog look and Dean deflected. "Seriously, I'm good. I am. You know, we got... Three more cases of this stuff on ice in the trunk. Taking some 'we time.'...best decision we ever made." They toasted.

"Hear that."

The boys took a swig of their beers while Alana drank her tea and sat back. A moment passed before Dean asked, "See that thing in the paper this morning?"

Sam huffed out a breath. "Maybe it was an animal kill."

"It was three kills, and it was in the same town, all within the last month."

"Yeah, you're right. We should call some guys, have 'em fix it."

Dean nodded. "Good. Smart."

"Done." Another moment passed and Dean said in a confident tone, "Or... We could be in and out. It's a milk run. Looks like Alana is nodding her agreement."

"Right, because that happens... never."

Dean took off his sunglasses and rubbed his face before saying earnestly, "Look, Sam, what we're doing here, it's good, okay? You, Alana, Sylvie, the kids and me hanging out. But I need to work... I need this."

Sam took his glasses off and looked at Dean in concern with a frown. "If things go sideways... I mean, like, an inch, you gotta give me the heads-up."

Dean was relieved. "Done. You got my word."