153. Captives

In the bunker kitchen, water was slowly dripping out of the faucet. The lights suddenly flickered. The overhead light in the dungeon was also flickering. A shot of the long hallway revealed a faint flickering apparition. The map table in the main room flickered. A ghostly sound sounded. Dean was lying on his and Alana's bed, eyes closed, with headphones on. The music playing in the headphones suddenly turned to static. Dean's eyes flew open.

"Sam! Alana! Sylvie!" Dean shouted.

Sam and Sylvie bolted out of their bedrooms and Alana walked from the kitchen, followed by the kids.

"Dean?" Sam and Alana called.

"Daddy?" the older kids said.

They rushed to Dean and Alana's bedroom but saw that it was empty. The lights in the whole bunker continued to flicker.

"Dean?" Sam and Alana repeated.

Sam and Alana rushed to the main room and he saw one of the chairs spinning on its own. Sam grabbed a iron sword from the wall and the apparition slowly walking behind him. Brianna whimpered and Alana picked her up.

Before Sam could swing around, the apparition is blown to bits. Sam and Alana whipped around and Dean stood there with a smoking shotgun.

"So..." Sam and Alana began.

"Yep. Bunker's haunted," Dean confirmed.

Aiden frowned. "But that's bad. Ghosts are bad. Except Bobby. He was a nice one. Maybe this is nice too."

"Or not," Gideon argued.

"Or too!"

"Stop it you two," Alana warned.

Sam was packing rock salt rounds at the kitchen table. Dean and Sylvie entered. Alana was trying to reassure her kids that there was nothing to worry about.

"How is this possible?" Dean asked. "I thought you said this was the safest place on the planet."

"Look, Sylvie, Alana and I know nothing got in. I mean, the bunker is warded and sigiled from top to bottom. There's no way something came in from the outside."

"Okay, so whoever's haunting us died here."

"What, dead man of letters?" Sylvie shot back.

"No, that doesn't track. I mean, we're the first people to occupy this place in 50 years. Why would a ghost wait so long to get its spook on?"

Sam replied, "Must have been a more recent death."

"No."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because Alana, Sylvie and I burned his body ourselves, okay? It's not him."

"Okay, so you cremated him. We cremated Bobby, too, and he came back."

"Sam, I'm telling you -- this ghost, it's not Kevin."

Suddenly, the coffeemaker next to Dean started going crazy with lights flashing on and off and the digital clock speeding through different numbers. Dean, Sylvie and Sam stared at it.

Sam and Sylvie spoke to the coffeemaker. "Kevin?"

A coffee mug next to the machine exploded.

"Ooh."

OUTDOOR FUNERAL

The priest was talking. "We commit her body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, with a clear and certain hope of resurrection into the eternal life, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things unto himself. In ne patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti." A man walked away as the priest continued. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, Lord."