33. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part 2)

Dean and Alana stood next to Sam's body.

Bobby entered with a bucket of chicken and said, "Dean? Alana?"

"No thanks," Dean replied. "We're fine."

Alana shook her head. "No thank you."

"You two should eat something," Bobby told them.

Alana wiped away a tear. "He said he's fine, I said no thank you. I'm sorry, Bobby, but I can't bear to eat right now, nor can Dean."

Bobby glanced between them. "That's all right. Dean, Alana... I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you two think maybe it's time... we bury Sam."

"No," Dean answered.

"We could," Bobby sighed, "maybe..."

Dean interrupted him. "What? Torch his corpse? Not yet."

"I want you two to come with me."

"We're not going anywhere."

"Dean, Alana, please."

"Would you cut us some slack?"

"I just don't think you two should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit -- I could use both your help."

"Bobby-" Dean and Alana said.

"Something big is going down -- end-of-the-world big."

"Well, then let it end!" Dean yelled.

"You don't mean that."

"You don't think so? Huh? You don't think Alana and I've given enough? You don't think Alana and I've paid enough? I'm done with it. I'm pretty sure she is too. All of it. And if you both know what's good for you, turn around, and get the hell out of here. Go! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please, just go."

"You know where I'll be." He left.

Alana shook her head. "Dean, I know you're hurting, but that was uncalled for."

He met her eyes. "Alana, please. I can't. Not now."

She nodded. "I'm here whenever you're ready to talk."

Dean took another look at Sam's body and a tear fell from his eye.

WOODS

Jake was sitting in a campsite with a fire burning. He was dozing off, but suddenly woke to see the Yellow-Eyed Demon standing in front of him.

"Howdy, Jake," the Yellow-Eyed Demon greeted.

"I'm -- I'm dreaming aren't I?" Jake asked.

"I've got a genius on my hands. Well congratulations, Jake. You're it -- last man standing. The American Idol. I have to admit -- You weren't the horse I was bettin' on, but still, I gotta give it to you."

"Go... to Hell."

"Been there... done that."

"Everything you put me through -- dragging me to that place, making me kill those people..."

"All part of the beauty pageant. Jake, I needed the strongest, and that's you."

"Needed me for what?"

"Oh, I got a laundry list of tasty things for you."

"The only thing I am going to do is wake up, hunt you down, and kill you myself."

"You know, others have tried. It's not easy. Trust me, Jake. You want to be a good little soldier, here."

"And if I'm not?"