176. Paint It Black

INT. CHURCH - NIGHT - WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS

Terry, in confessional, said, "I detest all my sins because of thy just punishment but most of all because they offend thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin."

"Amen," Father Delaney replied. "I absolve you of your sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

"Amen."

"Go in peace, Terry. See you Sunday."

"That you will, Father."

A spirit watched over Terry as he walked out of the confessional. Terry walked over to a lit candlestick, blew it out, and removed the candle.

EXT. CHURCH - NIGHT

Terry plunged the sharp end of the candle in his chest.

INT. HELL

A demon walked up to Crowley's throne, as he was looking over documents on a clipboard and said, "Majesty." Crowley looked up from his work. "I beg you to speak with her."

"What now?" Crowley wondered.

"Your mother remains... vexed your highness and vents her frustration by abusing the court. No one dares retaliate at first, of course, and yes, one expects to suffer in Hell, but I fear I have reached my limit. To wit..." The demon turned around to reveal his face on the back of his head. "I mean, seriously."

Crowley sighed. "Mother!"

Rowena entered and let out a sigh. "Yes, your Royal Highness?"

"You care to comment?"

Rowena smirked. "Magnificent work by an astonishing talent. Mm, Brava!" She applauded herself. Crowley dismissed the demon. He walked past Rowena. "I always said you were two-faced."

"Look, Mommy, enough. I know you're annoyed with me."

"Annoyed? No, Fergus. I'm devastated, betrayed," her voice broke, "and brokenhearted."

"Because I wouldn't go begging to a bunch of witches on your behalf?"

"The Grand Coven is the supreme command of all witchcraft. Without their sanction, I'm forbidden to practice!"

"Forgive me. I hadn't noticed you stopped."

"That? Parlor trick. I'm capable of greatness. Given free reign, I'd be unstoppable."

"I am this close to throwing you back into that dungeon."

"Of course. Why not? Why do anything but cause me more pain? Bad enough you wouldn't intervene with Olivette and the coven, but you went directly against my wishes, siding with those Winchesters, refusing to kill them, then delivering the First Blade into their hands, which you know could slaughter us all. You prefer them to your own flesh and blood. It's a bitter pill, Fergus; after all I've done for you."

"And what exactly would that be?"

Rowena walked closer to Crowley's throne. "I gave you life, Fergus. Without me, sunshine, you wouldn't exist." She made her way out the room and as she did so, she threw her hands out to her side. "Abite!"

Glass in the room exploded.

INT. IMPALA ON THE ROAD - NIGHT

Dean was driving, Alana and Maren were in back and Sam was in the passenger's seat.

"All right, so I'm thinking, uh, curse, maybe," Dean said, but Sam's mind was somewhere else. "Sam, a little help here okay? I'm trying to stay busy here. You know, eye on the ball, not on the Mark. And this is a case until we know it's not."