166. Fan Fiction

The curtains opened to reveal a stage. A young lady was reading on a sofa. The lights began to flicker and spooky music began playing.

"Oh, no!" the girl cried. "Whatever could that be?"

A fake ghost fell from the ceiling and the actress screamed. "Sam" aka Maggie, "Dean" aka Siobhan, and "Alana" aka Maddy, burst through a fake door.

"Ghost?" "Dean" and "Alana" called. "Meet Winchester and Thomas."

"Cut!" Marie cried. "Maggie? Siobhan? Maddy? Is this some kind of joke to you? Siobhan, this scene takes place before the events of Carver Edlund's unpublished masterpiece, 'Dark Side of the Moon'. Maddy, you need to remember, Alana can't see."

Maddy frowned. "It's hard playing a blind person."

"So?" Siobhan asked.

"Meaning, where is the Samulet?" Marie asked.

"Oh!" Siobhan said, taking off her wig. "I took it off. It kept hitting me in the lips, and..."

"That amulet is a symbol of the Winchesters' brotherly love. You need to take one for the team."

"Look, I'm just here for the college credit."

Marie gasped in outrage. "How dare you!" She pushed Siobhan, who pushed her back.

"Hey, you two!" Ms. Chandler yelled. The girls didn't listen. "Hey, you two! Okay! I've got three weeks of this crap show, and I am done. There is too much drama in the drama department. I'm going to Principal Salazar in the morning."

"No! Do-No, no, no, no... Ms. Chandler, please!" Marie begged.

"It's over, Marie," Ms. Chandler said, leaving.

Marie turned around to face the actresses. "All right, everybody, back to one! Until we are all suspended, the show must go on."

Ms. Chandler got out of the school and walked as she talked on the phone. "Why couldn't they just do Godspell like good little skanks? Instead it's this... awful, unbelievable horror story." She drank from her flask. "Hmm! Like that stuff really happens! Huh, theater is about life. You know? Truth! Truth! Where is the truth in Supernatural?"

A noise from the bushes caught her attention. She tried to see what made the noise, when suddenly, some branches grabbed her and made her disappear through the bushes. Her phone fell to the floor, at the same time as a purple flower.

Marie and Maeve looked at their title card, a neon Supernatural sign.

Marie frowned. "I mean, it's close, but it's just... It needs a little more grrrr!"

MOTEL

Dean was working on Baby, listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot. Alana was sitting next to the Impala with Maren. Sam came out of their motel room.

"Hey!" Dean cried.

"Hey! How long have you two been up?"

"Long enough to find us a case," Alana replied. "I've been up early with Maren."

"Long enough to..." Sam paused and turned to Dean. "I take it that means you're both feeling back to normal?"

"Yeah, whatever normal is in our world," Dean replied. "So, huh, right here." He took a newspaper to show it to Sam. "A teacher in an all girls school went missing in Flint, Michigan. She was heading to her car, disappeared, and nobody's seen her since."

"Dean, Alana, there's nothing here that even remotely suggest there is a case."

"There is nothing that even remotely suggest there isn't a case. Boom!"