She just needs a friend.

Something gave you the nerve to touch my hand- It's nice to have a friend by Taylor Swift

"So what are you two in for again today?" Says Mr. Damocles, who intertwined his hands in a serious matter. Despite the fact he quickly shoved a few action figures under his desk, it felt almost comical. 

"U-um," Marinette stuttered out. She was trying to find the right words to place her situation. It just wasn't possible.

Lila brought all her crocodile tears out. Years of training led up to this one moment. 

"I-I do-don't know what I did wro-," she said. She trailed off into a fabricated sob story. She repeated words, stuttered, and brought out all the stops. Meanwhile Mr. Damocles just nodded along to her story, sometimes bring out a brown handkerchief to wipe his eyes with. Lila could seriously become an author one day, or an actress. 

Marinette was entrapped by Lila's story. Too entrapped to notice Ms. Bustier came in, or already came in to hear Lila's story.

"S-She, pulled my hair. I was just trying to give her advise for Adrien. A-and I ju- I just think she was jealous? Maybe? I don't, I don't know. I was just tryi-trying to be a good friend since I know that we had a rough start. I swear, I'm not lying, ask the students that s-saw."

Lila smirked, Marinette pupils shrieked, Ms. Bustier just gave Marinette a disappointed look. In the disbelief Marinette couldn't speak. She could hear the disappointed voices of Her maman, her dad, Alya, and god forbid Adrien. Her heartbeat began to beat faster, her gaze was shifty. She was breathing heavily, and it was noticed by everyone in the room. 

Tikki who has not come out yet, was filled to the brim with worry. This wasn't the first lying blunder a Ladybug has gotten into, but it doesn't make it the best.

"I see," says Mr. Damocles, "Marinette will be suspended for 2 weeks."

 Lila looked Marinette in her eyes, her facade was still on, but Marinette knew what she was thinking.

Lila was saying, I win. Every word that came out of Lila's mouth was meant to mock Marinette. Marinette took the high road, she minded her business. She kept her mouth shut, and what she was supposed to.

It was like she was standing in the rain, to get out of you would need to be under a roof, but once she moved into shelter it was still raining. Why is it still raining?

Lila's eyes was still on Marinette.

Screaming,

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

I win.

No, no you don't.

She can't win, Lila can't win. Everything is falling apart, this was so much like a repeat of the before incident. Except this time, since it's the second time it'll only be more believable.

It's only logical to assume that Lila has more death-defying tricks up her sleeve. And, no one was one Marinette's side this time.

Tears brimmed in Marinette eyes, as everything hit her at once. What's so good about this high-road if it never works? It will never work on Lila.