Chapter 1 - Arrival

"Adrian, Allan."

"Yes Mistress?"

"The boy knows now. He's sensed that something is up."

"So what shall we do?"

"He's obviously no use to us but if we set him free we'll be exposed. He's currently in Kyoto completing his mission but I want you to kill him."

"As you wish, Mistress."

.............................................................................................................................................

He made his way into the park that had a path of dirt in between two patches of grass on either side that at first was just trees and flowers but around the middle of the park, gravestones were sprinkled onto the grass. The moon overhead illuminated the pink tips that were blossom leaves on the trees.

The boy sat down on the bench in the pitch black night, I need to find a way to get help but how am I meant to do that without them noticing?

"Are you thinking about betraying us?"

"Allan!? What are you doing here?" He asked as he stood up from the bench. He could barely see the big figure walking towards him and even though he couldn't see his face, he knew he wasn't happy.

"We don't require your services anymore."

The boy took a step back but felt the chest of another man who he knew right away without even turning, Adrian.

Before he could react, a series of blows to his back left him on the floor, unable to move as the two men came up close to him, half-kneeling on the ground to talk to him.

"D-did she tell you to do this?"

"Of course, she knows how you wish to betray us in the near future. And now it's time for you to say goodbye."

The boy squinted and just about saw Allan holding something with a pointed tip that shone in the dark; accompanied by a large maniacal smile.

.........................................................................................................................................

I might be a bit underprepared but this is all I can do for now...... James thought as he just about zipped the large blue suitcase that looked like it was about to burst and began to carry it downstairs, this is so heavy.

"Why don't you just use your telekinesis?" Luke asked as he stared at his struggling brother from the bottom of the staircase.

"Just because I have powers doesn't mean I should use them willy-nilly." James said as he squinted and let out a big sigh as he reached the bottom of the stairs, "more importantly, you haven't told me how we're going to get to wherever it is we're going."

"Someone's picking us up."

"And who might this person be?"

"Right here." A third voice said behind James as he spun to see none other than....

"Russia's coach, Emma......"

"Miss Emma - pleased to make your acquaintance. Are we all ready?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded.

And why might she be here? James thought, the one who wanted to take me from my parents.... what are you planning Luke?

After holding onto Emma they all vanished for a brief moment before reappearing in front of a tall rectangular building that really put 'the sky is the limit' in 'the sky is the limit'. The building also had a golden symbol of the Orion star sign at the top of the building that shined against the dark sky that was plastered with stars.

"So your power's teleporting?" James asked.

"Correct."

So that explains how she got in the house and took me as a child.

The trio walked towards the building with Emma and Luke leading the way and whispering to each other as they went as James was busy staring at the symbol on top of the building.

They walked into the doors of the building where they were presented with a receptionist who quickly lowered her head before raising it back up, as a form of respect.

"Good evening Miss Emma, Luke and.......?"

"James."

"Right. How may I help you today?"

"Take us straight to the Mistress."

"Of course."

The ground beneath each of the three opened and they were swallowed into a tube that shot them upwards and soon enough, they were all presented with new scenery; a corridor decked with a red carpet with a door at the end and James felt an itch inside his mind.

Why does this place feel so familiar?

"And we can't just teleport to the room?" James asked.

"The Mistress doesn't like to be abruptly disturbed."

Emma and Luke started on their way to the door with James behind, walking along the marble walls and framed artwork on either side of the corridor with a door about 50 metres away.

One of the pictures seemed to be of a family - a mother, father, younger brother and older brother. The older brother had white hair which he shared with the father who had one streak of lavender hair reaching down to the middle of his two eyes. Emma knocked onto the door and a harsh voice replied.

"Enter."

They all came in and it was the woman in the picture as well as the older sibling, who was positioned at the back of the room whereas the woman was staring at them with a scowl on her face. 

"What took so long."

"Sorry Mistress, we had some delays with packing." Luke said as he bowed his head, glaring at James who quickly followed suit while Emma took her place beside the woman.

"Now that you've brought James here Luke, introduce him quickly to the others then come back here and I'll debrief you all on the next mission."

"I'm coming too? Already?" James asked.

"It's nothing you shouldn't be able to handle. Dismissed."

The two boys left the room and walked to the other end of the corridor that had a set of controls on them and after a few taps, they were sucked back into the ground and were brought to a lavish common room that had two pool tables, a large tv screen and sofas in front of them to sit on amongst many other things.

"This way of travel scares me, why isn't there just a lift?" James asked rhetorically.

"You sure are bringing in the recruits thick and fast." Dmitri said with a smirk as he leaned against the wall opposite them, "are you just trying to get on her good side?"

"If it helps you sleep at night then you can think of it that way." Luke smirked.

"It's a pleasure to meet you face to face James." Thierry smiled, as the afroed Frenchman shook his hand, "come on Alex, don't be rude."

"Yeah yeah, nice to meet you or whatever."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Tessa." The girl with long blond hair said before the taller girl with brown, frizzy hair spoke.

"It's reassuring to have one of Japan's midfield maestro's on our team! I'm Isumi!" She said as she slapped James' back.

"Looks like we get to work together again James." Kaminari smiled.

"Kaminari! It's always a pleasure."

"Now that we're all introduced." Luke said, "Mistress Irina wants us to go right away so let's not keep her waiting."