Chapter 15 - Struggling

"James, Jayden - wake up, we've arrived." Thierry said as he violently shook the two boys, the two boys jolted forwards.

"Is something wrong?" Tessa asked.

"We're fine. Let's just get on with it, I don't want this to last any longer than it has to." Jayden said as he got out of the jet and started to unpack his things with James right behind him.

"Let's get a move on then." Thierry grinned as the other three followed suit.

They went towards the door on the rooftop where they were warmly greeted by Tessa's parents who were pleased to see their daughter and her new friends. They arranged all of their things and then gathered in the living room.

"Since most of us are new here Tessa why don't we do a tour of the area?" Thierry asked.

"Count me out." James and Jayden chorused.

"Yeah same here." Alex said, "we don't need to go on a stupid tour."

"Oh come on, you need to get familiar to the surroundings!" Tessa countered, "it's important if we want to catch the murderer."

"Me and Jayden already know our way around."

"Just come it'll be fun!" Thierry said as he dragged the three boys back outside who all slouched with a roll of their eyes.

"I guess first we should go to see the restaurant that's inside the shopping centre."

Tessa began to walk along the wide street with Thierry right beside her while Alex, James and Jayden lingered behind them, visibly reluctant to go for a tour but Thierry was so insistent that even if they had found a good reason to not go on the tour, they would have done it sooner or later. Nevertheless, they all made their way to the restaurant but James decided to stay outside.

"Was it really the best to make him come with us?" Thierry asked, "we know he has trouble with things here, and if I had to guess with how he's acting, Jayden's the same way. Alex is just being lazy."

"You're the one who dragged the three of them with us." Tessa sweatdropped.

"Oh yeah..... I wonder why Commander made James and Jayden come."

That was the same restaurant that you went with to your parents and on the way your dad was telling you off for using your powers right?

Yeah, it just brings back bad memories. But you already know the answer to that....

Must be hard to forget especially with your photographic memory, well you can't forget it....

Unfortunately it'll stay with me forever.

James made his way round the restaurant to the front of the shopping centre before he proceeded to walk through the automatic doors and stood on the busy escalator and in the distance he saw....... 

Is that Luke?

Just because they have blue hair?

No. It was him, I'm sure of it. James thought as he pushed through the people in front of him.

"Sorry."

He started at a medium-paced walk but increased his pace, following the blue blob that he could just barely see in the sea of people in front of him, but he wasn't able to continue his traverse as he walked near the restaurant and saw the others, he tried to avoid them but Thierry called him over. 

"James! Over here!"

James awkwardly slowed down then decided that he wanted to catch whoever the guy with blue hair was but Tessa had other plans.