Chapter 4 - Infiltrating Fifth Sector

"The Mistress has told only those with powers to go." Luke said, "so that's me, Dmitri, Tessa, Isumi, Thierry, Alex, Kaminari and James."

"We never get to have any fun." Procyon sighed.

"Well it's in your best interests actually, she knows how valuable you are and if something went wrong then you guys would be at a disadvantage."

"Yeah right." James scoffed, "she just wants the more capable people on the job without the worse people screwing up. They aren't built for these sort of tasks, they're just here for the football."

"I agree with Luke, this is the sort of thing Mistress Irina would do." Kaminari said, "I've been here for quite a long time and she does things like this."

"Then she's a fraud as well."

"Anyway." Luke said as he cleared his throat, "from this team of eight, we'll split up into pairs to search the building more effectively."

"I guess I'm with you Alex." Thierry winked, "I'll have to protect you like always."

"Shut up."

"Looks like we'll be on the same team just like Enlightened Heat days, James."

"Me and you Tessa." Isumi smirked.

"Then that leaves me and you, leader." Dmitri said.

"Let's go now then, Senguuji will expect us to be gone soon so we need to be quick." Luke ordered.

.........................................................................................................................................

The group of eight arrived at a bridge that led to the castle-like building that housed the stadium that Senguuji forbade them to enter, which they suspected he said for a reason they were hoping to discover when they got in there.

"So how are we meant to get in then?" James asked after they traversed the bridge as he started to take his backpack off his back, "if we force our way in then there'll probably be sensors there to alert Senguuji. I might have something in here...."

"He'll probably find us out sooner or later but for this, we have our solution right here." Thierry smirked as he nodded towards Alex.

Thierry stood with his back to the door and the glow of the moon in front of him and Alex stood on his shadow and disappeared and the door opened momentarily and he was on the other side.

"I told you that your power was strong in its own way!" Thierry grinned as he slapped him on the back.

"Stop babying me! I don't need your sympathy."

They all stepped inside and were presented with four different pathways which was convenient for the four pairs that they were in. Luke and Dmitri went on the far left, Tessa and Isumi on their right followed by Alex and Thierry then James and Kaminari though they all had to create their own source of light as it was pitch black.

"If something goes wrong then communicate via the watches and we'll all have to find our own ways out." Luke said.

"What watches? Irina said only you to take one." Isumi countered.

"Open your bag James."

"Uh, sure." James nodded as he took off his bag and started taking objects out and naming then as he did, "Nintendo Switch, scissors, weighing scale, Goku plush[1], paintbrush, compass, crisps, ladder...."

"What the hell." Alex said, "how do you fit all that in your bag?"

"I'm not sure myself..." James said, "ah, watches! How did they get here though?"