Chapter 9 - 1st Leg

3 Weeks Later

"Welcome to Russia everyone," Girikanan smiled as the team arrived in the airport.

That's Bernard Girikanan. So James really is in trouble with Orion? This might not end well... Coach Kudou thought, maintaining his poker face as the team followed Girikanan outside and into a coach.

A while into the journey, the players started feeling sleepy. James leaned to the side of his seat and saw Girikanan wearing a gas mask, he looked around and saw his teammates with their heads hung low in an unconscious state, James too then gave in and felt everything blackout. Girikanan turned and smirked upon seeing the unconscious state of the team. 

"Mama, they're all unconscious."

"Excellent. How long will they be out for?"

"3 to 4 hours."

"Bring them over to Orion HQ."

"We're on our way."

.........................................................................................................................................

"What's their problem? Why did they have to gas us?" Fudou complained. 

"That's just how Orion are." James said.

"Those idiots probably did something to us while we were unconscious." Nagumo spat.

"It doesn't matter, I'll crush them just the same." Alex smirked.

.........................................................................................................................................

"Where are they?" Fudou asked as everyone came onto the pitch of Lunzhniki Stadium, "are you sure this is the right time, James?

"I'm 100% sure they said at this time." James said.

"They're probably too scared of me!" Nagumo cackled, pointing to himself.

"Nonsense." Suzuno smirked, shaking his head.

Suddenly, there was fog on the pitch, making it hard to see even to the halfway line where they were standing, the silhouettes of figures then appeared about 20 metres away from them.

"D-did they just teleport?" Saginuma asked.

"Says the ex-Aliea Gakuen member." Fudou sweatdropped.

Japan Lineup (3-3-4): Endou (C). Tessa, Tobitaka, Fubuki. Kidou, James, Fudou. Thierry, Alex, Hiroto, Saginuma.
Subs: Gouenji, Aphrodi, Edgar, Nagumo, Suzuno

(I'm just going to refer to them as Japan)

Russia formation: 3-4-3. Procyon. Tabit, Meissa, Saiph. Ichihoshi, Viktor, Dmitri (C), Rus. Malik, Froy, Yuri.

"Luke isn't here...." James noticed.

"Maybe he isn't as bad as you think and didn't want a part in sealing your fate." Tessa said.

"Hmm."

Japan started with kickoff and Hiroto started, he passed the ball to Alex who burst into the Russian half.

"Alex wait!" Thierry said as he ran after him.

Dmitri came to block Alex who flicked the ball into the air. The two players jumped for the ball and Alex headed the ball to Thierry who continued the attack.

Viktor slid in but Thierry easily dodged the sliding tackle and passed to Kidou who was able to dribble past Ichihoshi and played a through ball to Saginuma who took a shot but it was blocked by Saiph.