Chapter 8 - Turning Against Orion?

"Finally, you're back!" Tessa said, "that was dangerous to stay for so long!"

"Sorry." Thierry said as he rubbed the back of his hair.

"James your suit is cut! Did they see you?"

"Only my hair probably, it'll be fine....."

"Nevermind, we need to head to Kyoto."

"Huh? Why?"

"That's where Irina wants us to regroup with Luke and some others."

"Wait then how the hell are we getting to Kyoto from here?"

"Ourselves I guess."

"Why couldn't she just have the pilot wait for us?"

"I guess we could ride on a cloud." Thierry said.

"Wait." James said, "I don't think we should give the remnants of the Aliea Meteorite to Irina, if she really does find a way to reactivate it then there's no telling what she'll do with it."

"I agree."

"And you didn't think of saying this before we went through all that trouble?" Alex asked rhetorically with an agitation mark.

"We need to find a way to rebel. I should have known before coming here." James said.

"We all made that mistake but we'll all turn things around together." Tessa smiled.

"I guess we'll give the case with the Aliea remnants back to the government, I'll fly over and you can lower it down back to them James." Thierry said.

"Sounds like a plan." James smiled.

They went to the top of the building and jump onto one of Thierry's clouds and flew over the governmental building but before James lowered the case he opened it and then put in some money to compensate for the damage that they caused and wrote a sorry note before lowering it inside the building.

.............................................................................................................................................

"Luke how sure are you that they're against Orion?" Dmitri asked with his arms folded, "if we end up doing this and they are for Orion then you're going to get it from the Mistress."

"That's just what you hope will happen. I know that they'll return saying that they failed but either have it on them or didn't take it." Luke smirked.

"Well either way, you, Adrian and Allan should be able to handle it without me. I shouldn't be wasting my time with those c-class fighters."

.............................................................................................................................................

"This is the place." Thierry yawned as he descended in front of a park.

They made their way into the park that had a path that had a path of dirt in between two patches of grass on either side that at first was just blossom trees and flowers but around the middle of the park, gravestones were sprinkled onto the grass. 

Even though this was James' first time here, he got the pricking sensation inside him that this scenery was very familiar, and not in a good way. But there was a familiar figure standing in the centre of the park.

"Do you guys have the Aliea Meteorite?" Luke asked.

"No, we don't." James said, "we weren't able to get it."

"I was hoping that was the case." Luke smiled, "there's no doubt Irina would have used it for disastrous deeds, I realise that now."

"Huh?"