Chapter 05: Stars will shine within your eyes

Sonic decided to take shadow to his favorite place, He usually stays there whenever he wants to. Because of the beautiful view of the moon, Along with the stars above the sky. Sometimes, He would watch the sun rise and dawn. He just loves to watch it.

 The two sat down at the grass. It was warm enough to make them comfortable while sitting, They stared at the stars. Amusing them delightly, The stars started to Shimmer through their eyes. Sonic glanced at the other beside him. He can see the stars within his Dark crimson eyes.

He smiled at the sight, Shadow immediately felt that sonic is staring at him. "Am I that really cool to stare at?" Shadow said, randomly and smirking at the same time. "O-oh..maybe?" Sonic chuckled at his response. "Really? I mean I'm..delighted" Shadow calmly said at the blue blur.

 "Can I be honest..?" Sonic said out of nowhere, He thought about being honest with shadow. Since he's starting to notice that shadow is no longer attacking or hurting him, This is a real change from shadow. Sonic seems surprised at the sudden change, He didn't imagine him with shadow being like this. And also Shadow being calm for once. He wasn't complaining, He was just shock. He likes it in any way. "Mhm" Shadow said in response. He may sounded cold, But deep down..He's really interested of Sonic's next words. That is why he responded "I..kind of like this current you, You know what I mean?" Shadow didn't understand at first so he just shook his head. "You being calm and not attacking me" Sonic chuckled. Shadow was surprised at this. "Really..? Mostly everyone thinks that I will never act the way you see me now." Shadow said in a calm way, He didn't want to show the sadness within him.

"I could see that, But..they still haven't met you yet, Shadow.." Sonic said, Making shadow look at him. His eyes are sparkling at sonic's words. "I think that you're cool and..Natural. They haven't seen the good things that you have done. But..I've seen it." Once sonic had said that, He definitely fell again. He wants to kiss the hedgehog so bad.

 Shadow was so speechless, He didn't even dare to move or speak. "You know, We should do this some times." Sonic smiled, Looking back at the stars again. "I'm really glad you're here with me, Shads." Sonic spoke again, While turning his head to shadow. Causing them to stare at each other. Shadow felt like his hatred for sonic had vanished so quickly, And he's finally starting to feel love again. He never would've expected him to fall for his rival. Like never.

He saw sonic hugging the teddy bear, Warmly and Cutely. While smiling. "I'm also glad..but to be honest, I'm finally starting to feel..joy." Shadow spoke, He's surely not used to expressing his feelings towards anyone. But since he's feeling more comfortable with the hero, He thought that it might not be bad to open up a little. "Thank you, Sonic." 

Sonic was so shocked. He never heard of shadow expressing his feelings, And finally showing appreciation. In short, Saying 'thank you'. His eyes sparkled at shadow's smile. He also called him by his name! He's having the chance now! "Wow..shadow, I didn't know you could smile! You should smile more, dummy!!" Sonic said with pure joy inside him. From now on, He will promise to himself to make shadow smile more often. And make him feel loved. "How about..No" Shadow said jokingly, He chuckled. But sonic didn't notice it. "WHAT?! WHY?!!!" Sonic yelled. 

"None of your business now." Sonic huffed, Showing that he's annoyed at the response he had received.

 But, Something came to sonic's mind. Since shadow's finally comfortable with him, Why not ask him to be his friend? Even though sonic is starting to fall for shadow. But hey, He wants to start off things slower. Not everything had to be so fast. "I have a question, If you don't mind me asking.."

"Ask away, faker."

"Are we like..Friends now..? Cuz we're acting like we are!" Sonic jokingly said, Shadow wasn't sure how to respond. He thought about it for a while..

And he finally made up with his mind. "I suppose..The idea might not be bad after all." Shadow said, While watching sonic cheer. He formed another lovely smile, He didn't even cared if sonic saw the smile again. He just wanted to enjoy how happy the hedgehog is right now. "Oh chaos! It's getting late, See you tomorrow?" Sonic cursed a bit, He instantly realized that it's already 9:00 pm. "Sure." Was shadow's only response. 

 Sonic smiled and ran off. Leaving him. Once the blue blur was out of sight, Shadow mumbled a few words. And that words is.. "Am I doing the right thing..Maria?"

- - - - - - - - 

Sonic's Pov:

I had finally arrived at my house, I enjoyed being with shadow to be honest. And I felt my heart was palpitating wildly. I cannot resist the feeling, There's something from him that made me fall in love for the first time.I swear to chaos, I will surely profess my love for him soon! I cannot wait to be with him. But..uncertainty, He will firmly deny my love for him. I guess I do not have any chances with him..

This is why sonic's confidence drops from time to time. He will randomly over think it, But he was not aware that shadow is also covertly falling for him. They are both unaware.  

"Hey sonic! Where have you been?" Tails greeted me. "Oh what's up tails! And I'm totally overjoyed right now!!" I almost screamed, I cannot wait to tell him the whole story! "W-woah! Hold on their sonic, Just keep your voice down. You can tell me the whole story later, But right now I still have to finish this thing. It's a lot harder than I thought.." Tails said, I can easily see that he's kind of exhausted from all the hard work he put on this new invention. I'm really impressed to this kid, No matter what the situation is, You will never see him give up. 

"But it's almost done now! And by the way are you hungry? I brought some chilidogs, it's in the table" CHAOS! I was soooo hungry! "Sweet! Thank you!!" I smiled at him. While eating I tried to tell him the whole story, Of how I enjoyed being with shadow, Hanging out with him, and..seeing him smile.."Wait, Hold on- Shadow?? The ultimate life form?? Can smile?!!" Tails said, Completely shocked. "I know right! I never expected it honestly, But his smile was so perfect.." I said, Admiring him again. "That tone of yours is different- Are you falling in love, Sonic?" Tails joked, But he was right though. I am definitely falling for him. I wanted him so bad right now. "C'mon now tails, I needed to focus on saving the world!"  

"You know sonic..You are also allowed to love while saving the world, No one is stopping you from loving someone!" Tails tried to protest my words, And honestly. I kinda hurted my self from what I just said. I still don't want anyone to know about me being in love with my rival, And their hero is..gay. But I think some of them might still accept me! So there is still hope. 

I finished my meal and headed to tails' Room, Where he usually repair and make some inventions. It was his favorite place, But he wouldn't often spend his time just by staying at that room. He also likes to go with our friends, Mostly he's with Cream. "Hey tails, Ya almost done there? It's already past your bedtime.."

 "It's already done, But before that I have to clean this mess." Tails replied, I can already see him so tired. "Oh no tails, You look very tired. Allow me clean it up for ya!!" I decided to take his place for a while, Since he's looking really tired and exhausted. "T-thanks sonic.."

"Now now, You can now go to bed" 

"Alright alright, Wake me up if I overslept again okay?"

 "No problem!" I replied, Confidently. After he left the room, He now walked towards his bedroom. I watched him close the door and started to clean the mess. I wasn't that tired though, So I still have time to finish this.

I'm happy to help them..

To be continued...