Chapter 07: Delicate Hands

Sonic woke up in the middle of the night, Noticing that the storm is still out there. He gently rubbed his eyes, To remove the blurriness. He sat there feeling the coldness, He already had the blanket with him but it was still cold. Perhaps shadow's sweater will be a big help for him, Since he already had shadow's permission to use it. He looked around the room, It was pretty simple and also neat for the blue hedgehog. He chuckled "He sure does like keeping things clean."

 He got up and walked to the dark hedgehog's closet, He started opening it. And to his surprise, Shadow had a lot of sweaters and jackets. Most of his sweaters are colored black and red. Sonic wasn't that surprised at all. He already knew shadow's favorite colors and his taste. He just smiled at the sight, The color wasn't his style but he can certainly deal with it. However..Something promptly caught the cobalt hero's attention. He cannot clearly see the color of the sweater, But he is sure that it was something bright. He walked through the door, To turn on the lights.

Once the lights were turned on, He rapidly checked the closet to take a better glimpse at the sweater. He was really curious about it. He finally recognized the sweater, He was right. The sweater had a beautiful tint of sky blue, Just like his favorite color! But..It confuses the hero, Why does his 'rival' had this sweater in the first place??

That's when the door instantly creaked, Revealing a dark hedgehog. With his dark flaming eyes. "I see you're already awake, faker." Said the ebony hedgehog, While entering his room. Sonic was surprised that shadow is still awake at this time. "Oh shadz, You're also awake?"

"Yeah, iam. Can't sleep.." Shadow said in a serious manner, He wasn't satisfied due to the lack of sleep he had. He was still fatigued, And his eyelids is also sort of tired. "That's unfortunate..is that why you're here?" The blue hero asked, He was starting to detect the darker hedgehog's eyelids, Making him frown. He was kind of upset..Knowing shadow was still tired, And probably wanted to go back to sleep but he can't. "No, No..I just..wanna check on you. If you're cold or something..." Shadow turned red, He accidentally admited it-

"Yeah, That's actually the reason why i'm awake." Sonic said. "Mind if i wear your sweater?"

"W-wait- sonic-- hold on-" Shadow said, In a panic tone this time. His eyes widened, With a mix of fear within him. Shadow quickly closed the closet, He was sweating and clearly panicking. "What's wron-" Sonic was going to ask shadow why until realization instantly hit him. Making him wickedly smirk. "Oh~ Is it about that 'blue' sweater~" He teased, Shadow blushed out of embarrasment. He glared at the blue hedgehog, Sonic notice it and giggled softly.."That wasn't supposed to be your business, Hedgehog!" Shadow yelled jokingly, Still can't erase his blush from his muzzle. "Oh c'mon shads, No need to be shy~ Just admit it!" Said the blue devil, Putting his arms around shadow's shoulders "Shut up.." Shadow said, Crossing his arms. Suddenly..Sonic's touch is somewhat calming the darker hedgehog, It was his first time feeling this kind of sentiment. "Oh psshh, Your starting to exhaust my patience.." Sonic sarcastically said to the darker male, Shadow still hesitated to divulge it.

He thinks that he might convey his secretes by accident, But unfortunately..Shadow is secretive and self contained at times. He will not just allow someone to dig in to his secretes, If it's someone who's not receiving shadow's trust just yet. He doesn't trust sonic for now..."No, Go back to sleep."

"But- Can i use the sweater with a brighter color? Its kind of cold right now.."

"Yeah whatever just..take it." Shadow said, In a bored tone. He wanted to shrug the question that sonic had asked him, It was one of his secretes...No one should know. Whatever it is, It's a BIG secrete. It must stay hidden as much as is viable, Even rouge can't know this. Just him..

Sonic innocently smiled, A faint blush appeared in the ebony's muzzles. He cannot take his eyes off the smile, He loved that smile...It brightens his whole world. That world used to have darkness, He thought that no light can save those shadows inside of him. But that's what he thought..Until that blue hedgehog saved him from sinking through the darkness. He saved him from sorrow, pain and..nightmares. He is truly a hero. Shadow adored sonic's actions now and then, Although he can't show it nor intimate it. But he will surely try eventually.

He simply pushed those thoughts aside, Sonic is now putting the sweater. As he slipped the sweater in his body, He felt comfortable. And the frigidness seems to decrease pretty quickly. "Ah! Finally.." He released a somewhat relaxed sigh. "Why don't you go back to sleep?" Shadow suggested "That'll be a good ide-" Before sonic could finish his sentence, A loud thunder suddenly roared. Sonic instantly jumped over shadow, He was caught off guard from sonic's sudden movement. But what did he expected from the blue hedgehog? Little things can scare the adorable hedgehog!

Sonic clenched his eyes, While hugging shadow's shoulders. Clinging to him, as if someone or something is trying to reach him. He wasn't aware that shadow was the one he's suddenly holding into. Shadow did not know what to do at the moment, He can feel the blue hedgehog's trembling. Slowly..He decided to put his arms around the hero, He hugged back. He rubbed the hedgehog's back gradually, In able to comfort the frighten hero. Caressing him lightly.

Sonic felt that eventually, It was clearly soothing him. He started to feel relaxed at once.

Shadow is no longer able to feel the trembling and quivering from sonic, It seems that his 'way of comfort' is working. He sighed at the thought, He was glad that was over. Sonic now opened his eyes and realization hit him fast, He quickly pulled away from the consoling hug he just accepted from his former 'rival'. He sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "S-sorry...i made the situation so awkward..." Sonic apologized for his unforeseen action.

Shadow felt bad, He didn't mean to make sonic feel that way..But in fact, He actually loved the astonishing hug. It did removed sonic's distress, Except...It caused shadow to feel the tenderness and warmth. It was suprisingly comforting for him, Yes he's beginning to love sonic's touch doubtlessly. It was his first time feeling sonic in his arms, While also feeling the happiness arise inside of him again. "It's fine.." Shadow simply replied. Sonic only gave him a lucid smile. "What are you smiling for, faker??"

"Heh- You're being a softy a moment ago, It was like-- you're not yourself!!" Sonic said, With an unbelievable face and tone. Yet he softly giggled. Causing shadow to get irritated.."Pfft. Yeah right, Im leaving." He grumpily huffed, As he started to leave the room. But he was suddenly being pulled by his wrist, His eyes widened in surprise.

"N-No! I mean...shadow d-dont leave yet, Please..?" Sonic gently whispered to him, His face is filled with pleasing look..and fear? He can easily read sonic's expression just by looking at his Stunning emerald orbs. 'But why fear??' He simply thought. He never saw that look in sonic's face, Like never.

He raised an eyebrow, Indicating that he's obviously confused at sonic. The blue hedgehog immediately received the message in his head, He dropped a sweat. He was kind of nervous to tell his stupid secret..but since he decided to stop his rival from leaving..Which is a foolish act from him. There's NO way he's going to turn back now!

He took a deep breathe, and sighs. Ready to reveal it, Hoping that he wouldn't embarass himself infront of his crush. "I-I have a..Sensitive ears and.." He blushed at his next few words, He couldn't do it. It was too embarrassing! But in able to fix things out, He must resist the words that kept summoning in his mind. He can absolutely do it. "and..mind if you stay for a while? please?" He tried not to sound that he's begging, But he really wanted shadow to stay SO badly. Shadow kept his stern face "So basically you want me to tuck you in???" The darker hedgehog shook his head in annoyance. While grinning.

Sonic then turned red, Embarrased from what shadow had said. He mentally smacked his forehead, Knowing that it probably sound stupid for his former rival. "No! I-Im just.." He sighs "What am i even saying this? Okay okay...Do not laugh once i spilled the words!" He warned to the darker hedgehog. Meaning, He can't deal another unease. "Can't promise anything" Shadow teased, But it depends on him if the blue blur would make him laugh. He smirked. Shadow then earned a glare from sonic.

'C'mon sonic..get it together, you can TOTALLY do it!' Sonic thought. He then closed his 2 emerald eyes, and sighs. Finally gaining the confidence to speak. He opened his eyes afterwards, Just as if he's ready for anything that might stand in his way. Shadow was now stunned at his look, The hero's gaze was really something else for the ultimate lifeform. He merely liked it.

"Alright..Uhm, I-Im..just scared that there might be another thunder-" He spoke at last, He awkwardly smiled.

Shadow wasn't that surprised, He just shrugged it off. I mean little things can make the other scared. It wasn't the first time as well. "Mhm, Now will you go back to bed?? Im getting a little impatient." He responded.

Sonic brighten up with his response. He ran to the side of the bed and sat on top of it. Still smiling. He slowly motioned shadow to sit with him.

Shadow was a little confuse at first but..decided not to argue with it, Since it wasn't that a big deal for him. He walked to the side of the bed, and sat down. "So..?" He spoke.

Sonic turned his attention to the darker hedgehog beside him, Their enchanting eyes slowly met. Sonic was so amazed by the crimson eyes, He was so lost in thought while staring at it. While shadow had the same reaction. Until shadow broke the moment between them, By turning his head in the other side. Sonic blinked, Realizing that he just froze infront of his 'rival'.

"Are you..comfortable with the couch? I mean..you can take the bed and i'll take the couch. Since it's your bed after all!" The hero offered, although shadow wanted to make the other comfortable. So he shook his head. "Im okay with the couch."

"Are you sure? We can share with the bed!" Shadow blushed again, He was kind of surprised at his words. He noticed the other hedgehog's reaction, It was clearly blank. It was like sonic said it without being nervous or something. "But-" His words got cut off, When sonic suddenly held his hand, Very lightly.

"Please shadz..?" He begged. Shadow glanced at their hands, He doesn't know what to do at the moment. But he lightly held his hand back, Feeling the delicateness in the hero's hand. He already loved the feeling, The butterflies in his stomach..

Their eyes encountered once again.

Shadow cannot handle the feeling anymore, He wanted to feel those lips in his so badly. He wanted to feel those soft fur, HE wanted him to be his..

Shadow's face instantly switch into anger, He was so pissed off. He wanted this to be over once and for all. "I cannot handle your gorgeousness anymore, faker!" He quickly grabbed the blue hero's cheeks, and pulled him in a long and passionate kiss. Sonic was caught off guard, He was definitely surprised at the sudden action. But he currently enjoying the kiss, It was a heartfelt moment for the two hedgehogs.

Sonic didn't hesitate to kiss back, so he did. Slowly putting his arms around the darker hedgehog's neck. Nothing can break this gratifying moment!

To Be Continued...

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter took so long to publish, I cannot make up my mind when i was writing it. Basically, I can't choose between my idea's. Cuz i have thought of so many lol. But i really hope you enjoyed this chapter, I TRIED TO MAKE IT CUTE THOUGH.