Chapter 12: "LDR" Long Distance Relationship

The sun is now rising, it is still early for the blue hedgehog to get up. Although he felt someone getting up from the bed, it was shadow. He slowly opens his eyes so he can check what his partner is doing, he saw the ebony hedgehog heading to the bathroom with a towel. Sonic questions himself 'he's surprisingly early..' he said to himself, but he didn't ponder further more for he was still tired, so he got back to sleep once again.

- - - - -

Shadow is now getting ready, he and rouge was assigned to a two days mission by the commander. He's wearing a gun uniform and is now spraying a bit of his perfume. Everything is now ready, shadow is naturally a fast mobian whenever he's getting ready for something important, he doesn't tolerate a very indolent type of personality. But he's aware that sonic is that kind of person, he will still have patience for his lover.

He had an extra time to cook earlier so he decided to cook sonic a breakfast, a fiddlehead and bacon omelette. After cooking it he served it in the table beside his bed where sonic is still sleeping.

He sat at the bed, while leaning at the sleeping hedgehog. He gently kissed the hero's forehead, and mumbled a lot of sweet words to wake him up. It didn't take long to wake sonic up. "Mhm...why are you dressed so early shads..." The blue blur finally noticed shadow, the darker hedgehog smiled at him. "The commander called me earlier, he's sending us to a mission that needs to be done, quickly." at that, sonic frowns. He won't get to see his lover? but for how long?

"How long will you be gone?" sonic asked in a sad tone "Don't worry, it's only for two days. I promise you, you'll be the first one i'm going to see after the mission" Shadow reassured him, that made sonic's worries fade a little. He'll miss his counterpart, he wished that he was his lover's partner in every mission so he'll never suffer from desolation.

"If you say so, ill just wait for you..." Sonic managed to smile at his lover "You also be careful out there"

"I will, anyways i gotta go" Shadow quickly stood up, and carries his bag. He pecks sonic on his forehead once again before leaving. Sonic noticed a breakfast on the table, he grabs it and started eating while scrolling at his phone.

After eating his breakfast, he texted tails that he's going out to see him. He left shadow's house and ran towards his and tails' shared house.

"Sonic! You're back, i was told by vanilla that you stayed with shadow during the storm, are you okay though?" The two tailed fox asked, in a worried tone, sonic smiled at him reassuringly. "Yep, better than ever, and we didn't fight if that's what you're worried about" Sonic replied, tails let out a relieved sigh after hearing his brother's reply "That's good to hear, where is he anyways?"

"Oh he's on a mission, he told me i can finally leave his house since...the storm is finally over." He explained, though tails seems to notice the sad tone in his brother's words "Do you miss him??" Sonic is taken back by the random question "A- w-what do you mean- of course not!" He nervously replied, tails saw through sonic's lie, he knows his brother so well that sonic wouldn't be able to lie anymore. "Mhm...yeah if you say so, anyways i finished my invention a few days ago, wanna see?"

"Of course!" The two headed towards tails' room to check his newest invention.

- - - - -

Sonic sat in the sofa, while playing a video game in his phone. His face has a clear hint of boredom, ever since shadow left for work all he does is sit in the sofa and play whatever games he has on his phone. I mean, there's nothing to do, other than wait for his lover to come back. Tails has nothing to do as well, so he's just following his brother's trips.

To Be Continued...