Chapter 13: Into my arms again

Sonic sat on his bed, he stayed at his and tails' house since he couldn't handle being alone in shadow's house. Its been 4 days, and his boyfriend still hasn't come back, he thought it's only a two days mission but boy was he wrong? He's starting to worry for his boyfriend, what if it was a dangerous mission? will he be able to see his boyfriend again? The blue hedgie started overthinking things, mostly the what if's.

He was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door, he stood up to open the door only to reveal a pink hedgehog, smiling widely at him. "Hey sonic!" The pink hedgehog named amy greeted the hero "Hello amy, what's up?" Sonic asked while giving her a slight smile, he was surprised amy came to him. Amy is no longer living in green hills since she's working far away, that's why sonic and his friends cannot see her that often anymore. Sonic couldn't be more proud for his former sister, amy has matured!

The pink hedgehog chuckled "Are you free today? I wanna catch up with my favorite mobian" She teased, they both laughed together. Oh how they miss hanging out with eachother in their youths "Of course, amy! Where do you wanna hang out?"

"I was thinking at Mrs.Vanilla's cafe? I miss hanging around there" She nicely replied "Alright, come on then, i don't tolerate waiting!" The two hedgehogs got out and walks towards their destination, while walking they started a conversation to ask about what's happening in their lives and all of that stuffs "How's work?" The blue hedgehog asked "Oh its been great, lots of things to finish but i think its time to visit my old friends, you know?" Amy replied, she continued to talk about her work while sonic listens to her. "And i also met someone, she's pretty nice and...she always checks on me if i can handle certain things"

"May i know the name of this..girl that you have a crush with~" The blue one teased, amy playfully pushed the hedgehog "Shut up, i'm straight for your information, mister" she laughed. "And besides, i think she's just being nice..."

"I wouldn't think of it as being 'nice' maybe she has a crush on you, what will you do if you found out though?" He asked, it will be amazing if his friend found someone that has a genuine feelings for her. She looked down, she never thought of that before, what will SHE do. Sonic noticed amy's change of mood, maybe she's just confused like him when he still has a crush on shadow. "I..don't know yet." She finally replied. A while later they finally arrived at the cafe. Cream greeted them and sat down at one of the free tables.

"The cafe still haven't changed!" Amy babbled while looking around the place, lots of memories flooding inside her head. "Yeah, i come here in my free time" they continued to chat while sipping their ice coffee's.

- - - - - -

While they were talking, two mobians entered the coffee shop. The male one is looking for someone, he walked towards the counter to ask the female rabbit, which is cream. "Oh hey mister shadow! are you looking for someone?" Cream nicely asked "Yes, have you seen sonic? is he here?"

"He's at table 7, mister!"

At that he went to the said table with his friend, he finally found the blue hedgehog. "Sonic." He called, sonic turned to his side to take a glance at the familiar voice. His eyes widen in surprise, at this point all he could feel is excitement. "SHADOW!" he threw his arms to the ebony's neck and embraced him. Shadow closed his eyes and returned the hug, feeling happiness all over again. "I missed you..." The blue one whispered while giggling. The two girls are staring at them with wide eyes, they didn't think that this will be their reactions upon seeing eachother again.

Rouge clears her throat to get the hedgehogs attention, they realized that they're still at public so they quickly pulled away from the embrace. "I see you two are getting along now, huh~" The white bat teases, sonic can only laugh in a nervous tone "Haha...its not a bad thing to hug your f-friend right-?"

"Yeah right, anyways amy! how are you hun?" She asked her best friend, amy gave her a smile "Always busy, but how about you?"

"Sheesh, gun can't give me a break, always assigning me for some missions while shadow here is just chilling!" She complained while playfully glaring at the ebony hedgehog "Shut up, you were only given one mission this week and you're always giving me your paper works, where the fuck is the chilling part in that??" He said, sarcastically. The pink and blue hedgehog could only watch them complain about work, but amy interrupted them "Okay okay! we get it, you both are too busy with work, hey rouge you talked about your new club, can you give me a little tour there?"

Rouge screamed like a little girl, her eyes lighten up with excitement "NOW THAT YOU'VE MENTIONED IT LET US NOT WAIT!!" She dragged amy out of the cafe to go to her club.

Now the lovebirds was left behind.

To Be Continued...