Chapter 16: Inopportune thoughts in a lively day

The blue hedgehog is now organizing his things he might need for their little get together, he's too excited so he chose to get ready this early, knowing that you're going to meet your old friends today and you'll be able to hangout with them like you used to do in your teenage days.

He crossed his arms, while staring at his bag. Trying to think if he's forgetting something, then it hit him. Of course, his headphones! he ran to his room to find his headphones. "There you are!" he placed it around his neck. It was still pretty earlier for him to leave, their meeting time is suppose to be 1:30 pm and it's only 1 pm.

He's bored so he decided to bother his boyfriend through text

Faker<3
Faker<3: heya shadzy

Shadzzzy: What

Faker<3: i just wanna say that i love you so much hehe

Shadzzzy: what do you want tho

Faker<3: alright you got me there, i'm bored

Shadzzzy: open your door

Faker<3: i- what-

He stopped texting when he heard a doorbell, he ran to open the door and revealed a black hedgehog. "I- damn, i didn't expect you shadz-" the blue hedgehog spoke, while rubbing the back of his neck. The ebony hedgehog only chuckled "I came to pick you up." he kissed his boyfriend's cheek. "Rouge texted me that the others are already on their way to the location"

"Eh? but it's too early, i thought the meet up was supposed to be 1:30?" the blue one asked, thank goodness he's already dressed and ready to go, but if he wasn't he would be stressed out right now. "I like your clothes" shadow randomly complimented his bf's aesthetic, sonic blushed. "You too, tbh." the blue one also complimented. The ebony hedgehog raised his other eyebrow, he was unfamiliar with the word sonic mentioned.

"What's tbh" he asked, sonic went completely blank while looking at the black hedgehog. "What-"

"Bro are you living in a rock your whole life??"

"Shut the fuck up, I don't always use social media." The other hedgehog shoved him away by placing his whole palm in his face. Sonic laughed at him "Tbh means to be honest, its an abbreviation mostly used these days! and now you're fully updated!" Sonic explained everything to him "Alright, hedgehog. Back with the topic, I figured that I should perhaps pick you up and inform you."

"But why didn't you just text me?"

"Am I not allowed to see you?" Shadow pecked his peach muzzle, the other blushed once again from his unexpected moves. Sonic loves it when his boyfriend acts so romantic. "You ready to go?" Shadow asked. "Yep, let's go now!!" He happily exited his house with his boyfriend, and now heading to their picnic location. Where he'll finally meet their friends again!

- - - - - -

They arrived at the location, there they saw the others. They are actually complete now and sonic is kind of surprised that almost everyone there is excited to see each other, there he saw rouge, knuckles, tails, cream and cheese, silver, espio, vector and charmy. He couldn't help but noticed that someone is missing. He ran towards them while shadow is following behind. "Hey everyone!!!"

"SONIC!!" everyone responded in sync, silver ran and embraced the hedgehog. "Silver! We missed you so much, man!" the blue one returned the warm hug. "I'm doing great sonic!" The albino hedgehog happily responded, they both pulled away from the hug and begun asking each other what's new to their life.

Sonic smiled ear to ear when he saw the trio he always admired in his youth "Well well, chaotix on the house! How are you guys!"

"We've been doing pretty amazing lately sonic! Espio here is actually seeing someone now~" The bee, named charmy teased his friend and baby sitter, espio growled at him. "How many times do I have to tell you charmy that she's just a fr--"