Chapter 08: Failed to abandon the feelings

They slowly parted away for air, Sonic was panting softly after the surprising kiss. It was surely lovely for the both of them. He was still holding on the other's neck, He doesn't want to let go for some reason.

Silence filled the room, No one ever dared to speak. sonic wanted to break it, But he was awfully nervous. He cannot gather a word, He was quite a bit flustered about it. He liked the kiss, No..He Loved the unexpected kiss But he was muddled, Why did he made such a move? and not to mention, the words he spat out before making the move. He blushed at the memory, He can clearly hear shadow's deep and unique voice saying those words again.

"Im sorry...if i made you uncomfortable, i didn't have the chance to control myself at that time." Shadow finally broke the flying silence in the room, He thought that he just made the other uneasy, and that sonic might think of him upside down. That he's some kind of maniac or something, He never wanted that to happend, He doesn't care if anyone will see him as a threat, Except he completely cared about sonic's judgement or opinion on him.

"N-No! It was totally..fine with me." Sonic spoke at last, He didn't expect the other to react this way. he was jolted that caused him to speak so unexpectedly. "But if i'm being honest..i kinda liked the kiss" He muttered the last part, he didn't want to see shadow react that way so he did what he could only think of. Is to be sincere, The older one's crimson eyes widen, He cannot believe what he just heard. Does he have the same feelings? He was so unsure at that point. He thought about it for a second before coming back to reality again. "Y-you did..?" The darker one confusingly asked. Sonic grinned and gazed upon his cerise eyes once again "Yes, i really did..and i guess it's time for you to know this feelings i have been hiding for a long time.."

At that, shadow turned his full heed to his counterpart, He was kind of nervous for the other's next words. But when he became aware of the other hedgehog, Who's already gazing into his eyes...magnificently. His nerves slowly relaxed. Sonic's emerald orbs seems to calm him a bit, It was sort of a random feeling for him but he thinks that sonic's eyes were meant to show tranquility. Seeing how the blue blur act, He hinges on those eyes to sonic's personality, Being a hero means bringing peace to the world and freedom. That's how he sees sonic, and that's what he admires the most.

"Shadow.. even if you can't return my feelings, its fine i just wanna let this out of my chest. I tried to ignore and throw away this feelings to begin with, But whenever i try..it keeps coming back. until it reached to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, Because i knew...you wouldn't return it. I gave up and let it flow again, Shadow...i can't help but fall for you over and over again. I think i..love you." Teary eyes began to look into his, He can't help it. He just wanted to let it all out infront of him. Shadow sat there in awe, He couldn't imagine the hero of mobius is crying over love? He can't blame him though, Love can also cause a lot of chaotic things. He felt pitiful over his counterpart, Just by seeing him tear up It bothers him much, He was used to seeing those ecstatic eyes, It irritated him a lot but now he could only feel sympathy.

He simply gave him a soothing sigh with his eyes shut, He needed to calm himself in order to divulge his chronic feelings towards the cobalt hero in his arms. He kept his eye shut as he leisurely lay his hand to the blue hedgehog's back, Intending to make sonic stop from sobbing Allowing the other to lean into him, But to be genuine He didn't have to cry exhaustingly. After all, There is no such reason to cry. "There is nothing to be stressed about, In fact...I genuinely returned the feelings." He utterly spoke in a well mannered tone, And his face slowly turned into his famous calm expression

This caused the blue one's ears to perk up, and his sobbing seems to be decreasing after shadow's words. His green orbs widen, Full of suprise can be seen within him, That caused his mind to be puzzeled. Shadow? The Ultimate Lifeform had returned his feelings?! 'This is a dream right?! This can't be tr-' His thoughts instantly got interrupted by shadow's voice, Causing him to blink. "And no, this is no dream at all. I do love and admire you for a long time, I tried to do the same as yours because...i know if i get attached to someone it will lead me to suffer the same pain i felt when i have lost my only happiness." He almost choked at his words, His own mind had betrayed him once again by reminding him the painful day where he had lost someone, and failed to protect.

It is his purpose, His responsibility is to protect a certain girl who had NIDS (aka Neuro-Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) and he was created to heal. Such an easy task to accomplish yet it is still hard at the same time, How can he be able to pardon himself when he can't save a girl, A ONE girl he was tasked to look out.

He was blinded by his purpose, But he may have failed to save maria...atleast he still can fulfill his promise to maria and his responsibility to protect. And he's starting to believe that he can still move on from the pain, What else can he do? He cannot reverse death. He doesn't have the ability. Death is a natural thing It can happen unexpectedly. His partner, Rouge made him realize that and wherever maria is living now, She's probably living the best and eternally. and she believes that her partner can find happiness again if he patiently waits.

This formed a light smile in his tanned muzzle, He opened his dark scarlet orbs. He put his attention back at the cobalt hero in his arms, Smiling reassuringly. He felt so pitiful for his darker companion, Getting through all of that pain is definitely torture. He delicately cupped the younger hedgehog's peach skin muzzle, and his gaze is slowly turning into a loving gaze. It is now filled with love and serenity. "But now, I believe that i have discovered my new happiness." He reached for the hero's gloved hand, and lovingly held it.

Which caused sonic's eyes to sparkle, Out of excitement. He cannot believe this moment, This fond moment with his 'rival'. It was a dream come true! Finally, He can be with shadow. Since then He wasn't aware of his own feelings, However it took him a while to understand what it feels to admire or love someone. That he was indeed in love with his former rival, Well before that party that rouge had settled just a few weeks ago he already had developed feelings towards Shadow. But he didn't make a move at no time, Moreover...those feelings had increased after their interesting time together.

They warmly smiled at each other, While their gleaming eyes...even now gazing more affectionately. Considering that they can entirely see within those dark scarlet and bright green eyes is only love and tenderness, and nothing more. The black and red striped hedgehog moved his hand, as he reached to those glimmering peach skin muzzle. He gently stroked the other's peach muzzle, and at the same time rubbing the skin with his gloved thumb. It was surely is soft, He loves the sensation he's recently feeling just by holding the other's muzzle.

Meanwhile, Sonic leaned into his loving touch and is also filled with delicacy. He closed his brilliant emerald orbs, As he melted to caress his counterpart gave him, He felt so thrilled due to the feeling. It was the feeling he never felt before, No one had ever touched him like that..Well besides his mother, The queen of mobius aleena. When his mother will touch him like that, It was clearly not romantically, But more on the motherly side. It was just so much different now for the cobalt hero. Because..he was definitely falling in love! A delightful purr came out from the young-blue hedgehog.

A playful smirk appeared in the golden tanned muzzle of the darker hedgehog, He was certainly glad that his counterpart was feeling more secure inside his dark arms. He passionately nuzzled the hero's blue furred head. "Are you feeling more secure now?" The red striped black hedgehog spoke, Making the hero to open his green colored eyes. He brightly smiled at the question "Certainly..i love it!" He swiftly responded. Which caused the darker hedgehog to widen his scarlet orbs. He was surprised that the cobalt hedgehog was feeling a little excited after what happened between the two of them, He chuckled while kissing the blue forehead of his now partner. "Good, Gets some sleep now. You'll need it, I don't want you seeing so tired and unenthusiastic in the morning.." He sweetly said as he set the hero in his dark themed bed.

This made the hero frown, he was right though..since he was indeed already feeling the fatigue rise inside him, He clearly does want a peaceful sleep. Although, Is his partner going to stay beside him? "Can you sleep beside me though?" He asked, In a lovable manner. His arms still resting around the darker hedgehog's neck.

"You just asked me the same question a moment ago.." The red and black hedgehog sarcastically said. He kind of blushed at the question, This was the first time someone had asked him a kind of question like that. But since it was his counterpart who's asking the somewhat astonishing question, How could he resist that? "But to answer your question, Yes..sure i can." He reassuringly answered, This formed a smile on the hero's muzzle. "Great!!" He cheered, In a low tone since it was still early in the morning.

They laid in the bed, as they gently snuggled together. They pulled up the blanket so they can stay warm while snoozing, Due to the ongoing storm just outside. And because of the weather the temperature seems to increase more, It was getting a lot colder. The blue hedgehog rested his head on the fluffy milk colored chest fur of the darker hedgehog, Which he found more comfortable to sleep on than he had expected. On the other hand, Shadow rested his head on his counterpart's head. He smiled while his orbs was finally resting, He had dreamt of this moment...and now he was no longer dreaming, He was actually experiencing it! He can finally have his 'long-time crush' in his arms..And he was absolutely grateful, Oh..he was indeed so in love with this hedgehog.

The hero let out an adorable purr, Making the other satisfied with the sound his partner was making. "Shad? Are we now like boyfriends now..?" The Cobalt hedgehog questioned.

"Hmm..I guess we are now hedgehog.." He quietly mumbled, But deep inside he was surely is cheering. He was glad that he had truly found his new and true happiness..

Sonic tiredly smiled, As he drifted of to sleep.

Shadow didn't realized that his partner had already snoozed, Until he heard a soft snore coming from his adorable hedgehog. He narrowed his eyes and formed a delightful smile once again in his muzzle.

To Be Continued...

Hey honeys! Author moxy here!! i just wanna say that this chapter is not a long one lol cuz i was kind of lazy and i don't have any ideas to this chapter, i could only think of this one. But..i really wish that you guys enjoyed this, CUZ I WILL BE DELIGHTED IF YOU DID!!! By the way, that's it for now! Enjoy now hons!!