Chapter 7: Troubled

We all woke up and started getting ready for school weirdly we realized that Joyce was not home, maybe she was out or something. I putted some jeans on, one of Joyce's shirt and a jacket. I left my hair untied, brushed them and came back into the living room to drink a glass of water next to Lucas. 

"Hey madmax, slept well?" the boy asked me. 

"Yeah, you?" I replied a smile on my face. 

"Yeah" he copied me. 

"Listen about last night...what does that make us?" I asked him playing with my fingers. 

"I...I don't...I mean I'd you to be...uh..." he started. 

"You wanna get back together?" I asked quickly.

"I-" he started. 

"Sorry it's stupid, you probably don't want to." I cut him. He took my hands and looked at me straight in the eyes warmly. 

"I do want that Madmax" he said shyly. "Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked me nervously. 

"I really do stalker" I said in relief. He kissed me passionately and pulled away resting his forehead against mine. 

"Oh my god are you guys back together?!" Will asked jumping up and down.

"Yes." Lucas answered without looking away. 

"DUSTIN! It worked!!" Will screamed looking for his friend. 

"It worked?!" Dustin asked a smile on his face. Will nodded and then hugged excited. "We're geniuses!" he yelled. "Mike were are you?!" he yelled. 

"Here why?" the boy said entering the room. 

"You owe us five dollars each." Will said sassily.

"They got back together?" he asked annoyed. The boys nodded and Mike painfully handed them the money.

"Woah you guys are fangirls I swear." Lucas laughed. 

We the headed to school, I was on my board, the guys on their bikes and eleven was on Mike's bike. Arrived to school we were greeted by Jason, Jake and Elena. 

"Well isn't this a great welcoming service" I mumbled sarcastically letting out a small laugh. 

"Hey Lucas let's go" Elena said taking his arm. 

"Actually I'm gonna hang with my other friends a little" he nicely declared getting out of her grip. 

"With that?" Jason said pointing at us. 

"Especially with this" Jake laughed pointing at me. 

"Yeah with them and don't talk to them like that" Lucas added. 

"Oh come on how can I ask you on a date if you're not with me" Elena said flirtatiously. 

"Sorry I can't" Lucas smiled. 

"Why are you taken?" she joked mockingly. 

"Actually I am" he answered straight away. 

"Oh yeah who?" Elena flirtatiously asked probably thinking he was talking about her. I looked at Lucas, I was afraid that he was embarrassed or something cause he was now kind of popular and I was still considered as a "cold hearted bitch friends with the freaks". 

"Max" he answered casually smiling. 

"That?" she asked. 

" "That" is my girlfriend Elena" he angrily answered. 

"Ew." she let out. I rolled my eyes, what she thought she was better than me or something?

"She is" a voice in my head spoke. No she wish she was.