Chapter 27: All Shook Up

I approached the crying boy and took him in my arms. I didn't know what to do. I just held him trying to cool him down. He was sobbing and mumbled things impossible for me to hear. Suddenly the boy took his bag and got up to go out the door. I quickly got up and took his arm. 

"Woah woah woah where do you think you're going?" I asked him. 

"Lunch" he quickly spoke. 

"Lucas did I do something wrong?" I asked him. 

"Just leave me alone Max" he said getting out of my grip opening the door. He walked away as I just stood there in shock. What did I do? Why was he so mad? I wanted to talk to him, he's been off since a week. What was going on? Was he getting bullied again? I had to go after him. I started trying to run by my back still ache from my fight with Neil. I went to my locker and saw an anxious Lucas come to me. 

"Hey" I said confused. 

"Was everything okay with Neil yesterday?" he asked quickly. 

"Yeah" I lied. I wasn't the subject we needed to discuss about him. 

"Okay good...Uh listen about the AV room. I'm okay..I lost like something and a..." the boy tried to lie. He was a terrible liar. 

"Lucas what's wrong?" I asked as I saw the boy starting to get shaky. 

"I...it's nothing" he started. "I assure you, it's a minor detail compared to your life..." he continued. 

"Lucas" I said seriously so he would spit it out. 

"I'm getting bullied again" he said his voice cracking. 

"Oh babe" I said pulling him into a hug. A sentence, one sentence got my blood boiling and my rage up. I had one fateful question to ask him, a very dangerous question who could get me in trouble, real trouble...But I didn't care I was gonna ask him. "Who?" I asked rage filling my voice. 

"Jason, the cheer squad, Troy and his minions mainly...But everyone does since they do" he sniffled. "Please don't be mad" he said. 

"Oh I am mad" I declared in between my teeth. 

"I swear I wanted to tell you..." he started. 

"Oh no not against you" I said my voice sweetening for a second. I sat at lunch eying all the people I had to kill, it was plenty but who cares. No one touches my boy. Not my stalker. Not him. Or anyone I care about. But especially not him. We got into class as he was in a different one than me I could keep an eye on him. Once the school bell rung the end of the day, I rushed through the exit doors scanning the crown to find anyone who hurt my boyfriend. I saw Elena, a swollen cheek and a black eye looking at me intensely. No I already hurt her, enough for now. I suddenly saw Troy approached me quickly. Jason's minions grabbed me up the floor. I started kicking them. They dragged me to the woods next to the school quickly. They let go of me as I crashed into the leave full ground. Elena, Jason and Troy were standing in front of me. I got up brushing my top with my hands to remove the leaves. 

"You did that to Elena?" Troy asked. 

"Yeah" I said proudly. "And I'll do it to you too if you don't leave my boyfriend alone" I menaced them. 

"Right" Troy said with a smile. "Right" he mumbled his smile growing into a grin. 

"You hurt one of us, you hurt all of us" Jason said dramatically.

"Where'd you got that phrase? A teen drama movie with Rob Lowe or something?" I scoffed at the boy. 

"You think you're funny don't you?" Jason said annoyed.