Chapter 32: Another one bites the dust

Max's pov: 

I woke up to an empty bed and three people staring at me. 

"Wakey wakey" Lucas teased pocking my nose. I looked at the clock, 7 am. 

"Why so early..." I growled putting the cover over my head.

"Cause that guy invited us" I heard Mike's annoyed voice speak. 

"Come on Maxie!" El spoke with excitement. I removed the cover off my head and looked at her, she was giving me the puppy eyes. I knew her and Mike weren't in a good place...I know she needed distraction cause it was hurting her. 

"Fine" I nodded and started getting up. She smiled and took me in her arms hugging me tightly. 

"Thank you!" she yelled still full of excitement. I couldn't help but smile she was sweet. 

"Hello" Lucas sweetly whispered wrapping his arms around me. "Slept well Maxie?" he chuckled. 

"You were here of course I did" I spoke with a smile. A big childish smile grew on his face.

"Okay I'm going to take a shower" I told them as I went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, I dressed with some sweat pants, an oversized hoodie and a t-shirt. I braided my hair and got out of the bathroom. 

"Okay children I'm ready!" I spoke as I grabbed my blue cap and put it upside down on my head. El was wearing pretty much the same thing. 

"Why did you put your cap upside down that's ridiculous at least El put it correctly" Mike commented. 

"Cause it's fun?" I spoke questioning the reason of his comment. Lucas glared at him annoyed as El turned her cap upside down too. She winked at him and fist bumped me. Mike rolled his eyes. We went outside it was pretty cloudy as if it was gonna rain. Steve and Robin were witting for us along with Dustin and Will. We got out and joined them. 

"Everybody is good?" Steve asked us with a smile on his face. We all nodded heading to the "football" field with was more of a plain ground with green grass and wooden stick forming the goals. Shawn the guy from last night came to us quickly. 

"Howdy partners" he spoke and gave us a quick smile. "Glad you could come" he said as he made a sign to follow him. "So we're gonna simplify the rules cause we're here for fun...so you don't have a role you just have to put the ball in the zone" he spoke pointing at them. "Okay so you have to take the ball from the other team and tun in the zone with the ball to marl a point. You can tackle the other person down to get the ball...only one person on one person and the other players can help get the ball if the player tackling can't. You can only tackle a player who has the ball" he explained. "So let's form teams. So I wrote the teams this morning I remmeber your names" he chuckled. "Okay so Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Steve you're team A and Max, El, Robin, Will and I are team B" he spoke. "Okay let's start!" he exclaimed exited. I went in the middle on our sides as Mike went there on his. He scoffed. 

"You're gonna loose" he spoke angrily. 

"Oh baby...we both know that's not true" I spoke as I winked at him. Shawn placed the ball between us. I was waiting for him to whistle...I heard a high peached sharp noise ring in my ears. I grabbed the ball and tossed it to Shawn who was running to their zone. I saw Lucas tackle him and Steve get the ball. He ran as fast as he could to our zone as Robin bumped into him accidentally making the ball fall. El grabbed it as Mike tried to grab it. She tossed it to me as I ran to the zone not feeling my legs anymore. I thrown myself on the ground before I knew it. I was in the zone. 

"TOUCHDOWN" Shawn yelled as he quickly ran to me as I had just got up. He lifted me in the air twirling me. "FIRST POINT YOU DID IT" he chuckled. I laughed as I grabbed the ball.