Chapter 30: Twist of fate

Lucas's pov:

I had only one idea in mind, I wanted to kill him. I wanted to take him by the collar and throw him against the elevator doors, kick him til he coughed blood, punch him til his eyes roll back of pain. Note only he hurt Max...He hurt her multiple time for a very long time. This time can't be existing anymore, I don't care what it takes to stop all that I just want it to stop. Seeing the pain in the girl's eyes trying to hide everything, hiding every bruise she had, hiding every bit of her emotions. She was not okay, she was more than not okay. I wanted her to be happy, I needed her to be happy. They say near death experience often change people's perspective on the world. Well that's what Max's near death did to me. It was a wake up call telling me I didn't protected her enough and should've done more. I could do something at that exact moment. I could kill him. I had many ways and plus he was already injured, it would be even easier. I felt my blood boil. I just couldn't stand this man. I couldn't stand how he treated my girl, my Max. I loved her more than I loved anything in this world. He couldn't do that to her. The elevator's door opened as he ran out of it. 

"Hey! Doctors!" he yelled like crazy. A guy ran to him. 

"Sir you have to go back to your room" this man said. 

"I WANT SOME PAINKILLERS!" Neil yelled. 

"Sir go back to your room" the guy insisted. Two tall man came and started dragging Neil to the elevator as he moved all around. 

"Is that MAXINE?!" he yelled. He got dragged away as I rushed into her room. I saw Max all bruised up, very pale, laying there. I took a chair and sat next to her bed. I tried to stay strong as I looked at her but I couldn't. I took her small pale hand in mine and started crying hot tears. I felt the girl's hand move. I looked up and there she was, awake, looking at me, a tear rolling down her cheek. 

"Come closer" she whispered. I got up and sat on the bed. She lifted her arm and placed her hand on my cheek wiping away my tears. I smiled at her. "What's wrong?" she asked weakly. I loved her but it killed me that she asked that kind of question. She almost died how can she asked me what was wrong? That was wrong! Neil's abuse towards her? That was wrong! 

"Max...you almost died...you seriously asking me what's wrong?" I questioned her. 

"Yeah sorry...but I they're being a little dramatic. Almost died" she scoffed but then started coughing. I placed my hand behind her head too lift her while coughing so she wouldn't choke. "Thanks" she laughed lightly. 

"Max...your heart stopped" I said as I felt my heart breaking. 

"Yeah well look it's beating again" she joked as I felt tears roll down my cheek again. "Hey hey come here" she said as she took my arm slowly to bring me to lay down on her chest. "It's better than to hear it on that stupid machine"she smiled. I relaxed and let myself hear the girl's heart. It was beating, slowly, calmly, normally beating. It reassured me. She was alive she was there. Thank god. Thank god that let me keep her with me. I don't know what I would've done if she wa gone. I left the girl's chest as I was about to get up. "What you doing stalker? Stay here" she said as she opened her arms for a hug. I quickly laid back down and took her in my arms, her head on my chest. "There." she murmured. "That's happiness" she whispered making me smile. 

"Tell me what's your secret?" I asked her as she looked at me confused. "What's your secret! You almost died, you are all beat up but yet you still are the prettiest girl in the world" I told her as I saw her blush. "I love you madmax" I whispered. 

"I love you too stalker" she whispered back. I started pacing her spine up and down as I hug her tightly but gently not to hurt her. She looked up at me eying my lips.