Chapter 23: There's a light that never goes out

"Come on up!" Elena yelled. I jumped up and had a blood rush causing me to feel instantly dizzy. 

"Max!" Lucas yelled. I opened my eyes which I thought were already opened. 

"I was-" I started and turned around looking for Elena which stood at the place were Lucas's mother was. "Elena was-" I continued. 

"Nightmare babe. Nightmare." he whispered to me. 

"Oh okay...okay" I swallowed fear going away. 

"We'll talk if you need...but right now we have to get ready to leave okay?" he asked giving me a concerned look. 

"Okay" I smiled weakly. I got up, took a shower and saw the scar and bruises the encounter with my father left. I sat on the banquet at the far end of the car against a side of the car as Lucas was in front of me against the other side. On the side banquet sit was Erica lied down with a small pillow ready to fall asleep again. We waved goodbye to Lucas's grandparents as we didn't have time to say goodbye. Lucas's parents were in the front, his father was driving and his mother was indicating the road. I looked at Lucas multiple time, he was struggling to keep his eyes opened. 

"Close your eyes babe you're tired" I told him sweetly. 

"No no I'm watching out for you" he said sounding like a little child. He closed his eyes and started falling asleep. 

"Yeah you do that stalker" I whispered chuckling. I took my walkman out and listened to Kate Bush waiting to get to the airport. Once we got there, the siblings woke up. 

"Did the children slept well?" I mocked them. 

"Shut up" Erica said. 

"Someone's in a bit of a cranky mood" I mocked again. 

"Cause I've been taking care of y'alls ass for those last two days" she replied sassily. I shrugged, I mean she had a point. Once we got put of the car I stretched letting out a small yawn. Lucas stood there staring at me with a smile. 

"Stalker stalking me isn't gonna make us less late" I told him as I took my suitcase out of the trunk. He shook his head and took his out of it. 

"Come on we're gonna be late!" his mother hurried. We ran to the baggage check in, threw our suitcases and showed our passports. Once it was done we ran to the Security check, everything went okay, as we ran faster and faster we arrived at our boarding gate. 

"Mom" Lucas started annoyed. "We're the first ones there" he sighed. I looked at the boarding board and it indicated our flight's time to board and out was until 5:45...but it was 5:50 at the time. 

"Holy shit! No! We're the last one there" I yelled. We were at the wrong gate, we were at gate A and we had to go at gate E. I started running as they all followed me, once we got to gate E two flight attendant greeted us. 

"Are you the Sinclair's?!" one them yelled. We all nodded. "We sent someone to look for you! They're all waiting" he said checking our plane tickets and passports. 

"Thank you so much" Mr Sinclair exclaimed as we ran in the corridor to the plane. Once we entered it all looks turned on us, mean looks, the type of looks you give someone you hate. I gave them back their looks of course. Lucas's parents were in the sits in front of us, as I was in the middle between Erica and Lucas. Erica looked out the window relieving the stress caused by this rush. Once the plane was up in the air I stared the void, thinking about nothing but how tired I was. I placed my head on Lucas's shoulder and fell asleep felling his head placed on top on mine. I woke up hearing some people clapping. 

"What's happening?" I crankily asked. 

"We landed" my boyfriend informed me with a bright smile. 

"And they're clapping?!" I said loud enough for people to look at me with the same look as earlier.