Chapter 14: Bad to the bone

A/n: no vol 2 spoilers in the chapter (maybe in the comments though).  Also it's time for some Neil suffering people. 

Max's pov:

I woke up by the sound of loud conversations, I opened my eyes and saw Lucas asleep his arms around me, god he was beautiful. I concentrated on what I heard trying not to be distracted by him. 

"Why can't we enter your brother's room?" Mrs Sinclair asked. 

"Cause he's a grown boy now and he needs some privacy! Plus he's a nerdy sleepy head he's probably asleep like a baby" Erica answered. Oh no Lucas's parents. I opened Lucas's closet and hid in it. I saw the door open and his family enter. 

"See told ya" Erica said pointing at her brother. 

"Lucas honey" Mrs Sinclair started trying to wake her son. 

"I'm awake I'm awake" he spoke opening his eyes. "Where's Max?" he asked dumbly. I panicked, his parents eyes widened. 

"Why would she be here?" Mr Sinclair asked furrowing his eye brows. 

"He's a teenage boy who has a girlfriend, she's in his head all the god damn time" Erica told. 

"Erica!" they all exclaimed at the same time. 

"Just the fax!" she defended. His parents went away confused as Erica stayed in the room. "Where's your lover Lukie?" she mocked. I opened the closet and waved at her. 

"That was close" I whispered. 

"Yeah I saved your ass!" Erica whispered yell. "They could've called your parents" she said. I gulped of the thought of Neil finding out I slept in the same bed as Lucas. "You guys are lucky to have me" she spoke proudly. 

"I guess I have to go home now" I whispered staring at my feet. Lucas got up and hugged me. 

"She's going home, she's not going to die" Erica declared rolling her eyes. I hope not. I took my clothes, one of his shirts, got dressed and got out his window. Arrived at home no one was there, I took some breakfast and listened to some music as a car parked in front of my house, but not any car, Jason's car. What the fuck was he doing here, he knocked on the door and I opened it discovering him, some guy and Jake standing there. 

"Where's Eddie?" he yelled.

"I don't know at home probably" I answered confused. "Why?" I asked. 

"He kissed Chrissy!" he yelled. 

"Okay and? Didn't you guys broke up?" I asked even ore confused. 

"She wouldn't kiss him, he cursed her! It's because of this satanist game" he screamed. 

"D&D isn't satanist Jason" I spoke rolling my eyes. He entered my house as I tried to retain him from entering his friends grabbed my arm making it impossible for me to move. 

"He's not here let's move" Jason spoke as his minions let go of me. 

"Goodbye assholes" I mumbled as they started the car and I closed my door. I went into my room and started thinking about the upside down. Two weeks ago everything started again and suddenly stopped since then no portals, demogorgons...Nothing. It was weird I could feel that something was coming. I heard Neil step into the house, he opened my door and let out a sigh. 

"You weren't there yesterday" he said. "Where were you?" he asked. 

"At El's" I answered. 

"Right. So the fact that Lucas's parents called to ask where you were as nothing to do with the fact you were at their house" he spoke.