Chapter 29: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Lucas's pov:

I looked at El panicked, Max was passed out in my arms. I tried to wake her up but she wouldn't. 

"What should we do?!" I asked El anxious. 

"I don't know" the girl whispered, she seemed calm but you could see in her eyes that she was frightened. 

"Max wake up!" I said trying to wake my girlfriend. She wasn't moving. I checked her pulse she was still breathing. "Max please!" I whined. I shook the girl slowly, her breath became heavier. I took her tightly in my arms. "Max you gotta wake up" I told the girl. 

"She's bleeding, we have to stop the blood from flooding out" El declared. 

"And how do we do that?!" I asked in desperation. I saw Max open her eyes slowly. "Oh my god" I let out. "Max are you okay?!" I questioned looking at the girl going extremely pale. 

"Towels, water with soap, bandages" Max tried to speak. El ran out of the room. 

"What's going on El?" I heard my mom ask her. I didn't hear any respond, I just heard quick footsteps and cabinets opening and closing. She came back with everything Max had asked for. Max tried to sit up putting her back against my chest for support. 

"Lucas, I can't do it please do it for me" Max weakly demand. I nodded. 

"Guide me" I told her as I took the towel. 

"Stop the bleeding...wait you have a t shirt?" she asked me looking for one as El got up and thrown one to her. "Thanks" she smiled weakly. She placed the shirt with her small shaky heads into her mouth. 

"How do I do that?" I asked her trying to hurry seeing the girl's eyes closing. She removed quickly the towel from her mouth. 

"Pressure on it and hard" she ordered as she put the t shirt back in her mouth. I took all my courage and started pressuring on my girlfriend's wound. I felt her get tense, my guts were telling me to stop cause I was hurting her but I knew I had to do it. I pressurized even more as I felt one of her hands grab one of mine. I checked to see if it was still bleeding and it was so I pressured as hard as I could. Max let out a muffled scream in the towel. I checked again and this time the wound didn't bled. The girl breath heavily as she thrown her head in the crook of my neck from exhaustion. She took the t shirt off her mouth. "Okay now take another towel and clean the wound, soak the towel in the soapie water and clean it" she explained as she putted the t shirt back in her mouth again. I cleaned it as the girl couldn't stop moving because of the pain. She took the t shirt definitively out of her mouth. She rocked her body back and forth trying to find her normal breath back. She was still pale which scared me. "Okay now take the compress...Did I mentioned I needed one?" she questioned El. 

"No but I did" the girl shyly answered. 

"Okay good" Max said relieved. She sat up and took one which she placed on the wound. "Take the bandage" she ordered me. "Wrap it around my waist tightly please" she asked. I got off the bed and lowered my level to her waist as I took the bandage and wrap it around her. 

"Is it tight enough?" I questioned looking in her blood shot eyes. 

"Yeah thanks" she said as she tried to get up. 

"What are you doing?!" I quickly questioned as I put her back on the bed. 

"I need something to eat" she explained. 

"I'll get it for you" I said as I kissed her forehead. I quickly got downstairs opening quickly the drawer where all the snacks where, I took some Twix and a coke before I started sprinting quickly to my room.