Chapter 28: Runaway

A/n: The idea of Billy came from AGirlWhoLoveAvengers I discuted it with her and you'll see it has it's utility! It might be a bit confusing but don't worry it will be explained correctly!

I looked around me, it felt like a realistic dream but not like the one Vecna made me see. It was something else, it was stranger. I looked at him in fear and confusion.

"Am I dead?" I asked him.

"No but you're about to be if you don't listen to me!" he yelled. Oh no doubt this was Billy, he backed up and putted his head in his hands. "Max you need to listen...You need to wake up" he said very seriously.

"What but how? Am I not up? Am in a coma? Where am I? Are you real?" I started asking the bunch of questions rushing in my head.

"Listen Max...This is gonna seem weird but I'm dead and uh..." he started as he smirked. "Talking to you" he laughed. I looked at him confused. "I know this is weird but I had things to tell you nd I need to wake you the hell up" he exclaimed.

"Okay..." I replied trying to process what was happening which I wasn't even sure of what was.

"I need to apologize" he said taking my hand as I stood up. "I've been a terrible brother to you" he said as he turn his head away. "Everything I did to you, your friends, everything slap, every punch, every threats..." he continued his voice cracking. "I did because of all that was happening to me...Because of that bastard that was supposed to be my father" he said in between his teeth. "I shouldn't have okay Max?" he exclaimed finally looking at me, pain and guilt fulling his eyes. "I'm sorry and you had every right to wish I was dead after everything I've done, you shouldn't feel guilty" he declared. "I've been watching you and watching what Neil does to you and how you feel about me..." he said taking my other hand. "You have to do something about Neil, you don't deserve it okay? I thought I did and quite frankly after the way I treated you I did" he said as he lowered his tone.

"You didn't. You still protected me" I told him looking directly in his eyes, it's crazy it almost seemed like he was alive.

"I did and it's okay" he said gravely. "Max I'm sorry, you were just trying to live your life and made you go through hell" he apologized. "I should've talked to you about all this, be there for you, help you with skate board, talk about the fights and help you get better. I shouldn't have made your life miserable and shouldn't have been abusive cause turns out I was the same as that bastard" he finished. I had tears in my eyes, I felt so happy to hear all that. "I love you and I'm sorry" he said as he looked at me.

"I love you too Billy" I said hugging him tightly. He didn't hug back right away, probably shocked, but once it was passed he did. "So where the fuck am I?" I asked him confused.

"You'll ask El but you need to wake the fuck up right now" he said. I tried and all I could do is hear what was going on around me. I heard Neil yelling.

"I can't wake up, I can't do it" I said as I struggled.

"Max you really need to wake up" he exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked him concerned.

"You just do!" he yelled. I tried again. I was starting to feel the trailer's floor, I stopped as a thought ran through my head.

"Wait I won't see you again?" I asked him knowing the answer.

"No" he said sadly. "But I'll always be there" he whispered to me with a warm smile a tear falling down his cheek.

"I can't loose you again, everything got worse when I lost you the first time. I can't afford my life to get worse" I told him. I got up and ran to him to hug him tightly very tightly.