Chapter 20: Should I stay...

Lucas's pov: 

I biked as fast as possible, arrived home I took my suitcase who was already packed as I was supposed to leave 2 days later. I ran through the house but Erica blocked my way. 

"Um 'scuse me were do you think your going?" she asked me. 

Max's pov: 

"And where do you think you're going?!" my father yelled following me into my room. I was running as fast as possible as I just woke from the punch. I locked myself into my room pacing around trying to find a solution. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you!" he yelled. "I just wanna talk" he continued.

"yeah right" I mumbled. I didn't found any ideas to escape my window was somewhat high and I wouldn't know where to go. "Fuck" I mumbled under my breath. I needed back up...maybe Will asked for his mom to visit here and so save the day. I hoped. But before that I had to find a way for it all to stop. I just waited to see if he was gonna get tired and stop at some point and he finally did, I couldn't here anything...until a loud noise came from my shacking door. He was actually trying to break in. 

"I'm opening!" I yelled being afraid he'd actually break it. I opened the door being greeted by the  family. They were all angry. "So how's life?" I let out trying to break the tension. 

"You got him angry so I can't watch the Tv" my step mother complained. 

"You woke me!" the little one wined. 

"You tried to push me to suicide!" Kim dramatically yelled. 

"What now?!" I asked my eyes being wide opened. 

"Wait she did?" my step mom asked. 

"Yes she did Laura" she said. 

"Why are you calling mom by her name?" Anna, the little one, asked. 

"For the hundred time she is your mom not mine! Jesus!" she answered annoyed. 

"You're not her mother?!" I exclaimed. 

"No my mom was that gal your father saw before you were born" she explained. 

"You cheated on her twice?!" I yelled to him. 

"Enough!" my father yelled. "Now did you or did you not tried to push my daughter to suicide!" he yelled. 

"No I did not!" I yelled. 

"You did you said that I was not good enough to live and that it would be helpful if I died! You also said that it would be a weight off of people's shoulder" she lied. 

"I didn't tell you that! I tell myself that!" I yelled in disbelief after realizing what I just said. 

"What?" Laura and Kim exclaimed. 

"You're right" my father coldly told me. 

"You think I should?" I asked innocently. 

"Yeah I do. It would be better here and you weren't be a bummer to everyone so yeah I think you should" he whispered. His hand was on my shoulder as his body was next to the side of mine. He was looking out the window and gazed at it. 

"I have a gun in the top drawer of my bedroom. Take it and stop the pain" he said. My jaw was wide opened, he was my father. I knew he hated me but not to the point where he wanted me dead. I was deeply hurt. Everyone left except of course Kim.

"Go away" I said. 

"I just wanted to make my goodbyes to you" she said bowing at me. 

"I'm not gonna do it" I answered her. I thought about Lucas and all the love he gave me, all the love my friends gave me. I couldn't do that to them. I couldn't give them a chance to open those goddamn letters.