4

Flynn wasn't sure what challenge the aviators were taking part in but it was clear Maverick was winning, leaving all of them to do 200 push ups as a punishment. 

However, Bradley was the last one to do his push ups and he was pushing himself a little too far. Whatever had happened in training had clearly gotten to the pilot, his veins threatening to pop on his arms and face. And despite what he had said to Flynn earlier, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. 

"Wanna join us at the Hard Deck darlin'? I'll buy you a couple drinks?" Hangman asked the girl, diverting her attention off of Rooster in the distance. 

"Give me 5 minutes?" 

"Of course," he smiled, "I'll wait for you by my car" 

"Okay," she smiled back before Hangman left her to get changed. 

That's when Flynn made the decision to head over to where Rooster was who was now sat on the floor with his head hanging between his legs in exhaustion. 

"Aren't you heading to the Hard Deck with the others?" she asked him, grabbing his attention. 

As soon as he saw it was Flynn he immediately looked away again. 

"Aren't you?" 

"I wanted to see if you were okay," she responded before sitting down across from him. 

"What do you want Flynn? Huh?" 

"I don't know what is going on but you don't need to take it out on me. I only came to see if you were okay. Look Rooster, I know you know who I am and I am sorry for what my sister did to you but it has nothing to do with me. I don't know what went on with you and Maverick but I know that he cares about you" 

Rooster scoffed at her saying Maverick cared about him. 

"Stay out of it Miller, bet your boyfriend is waiting for you. Being a slut must run in your family," he spat with intent to hurt her before leaving her sat there alone. 

And hurt her, he did. 

"Hey, you okay?" Hangman asked the girl as she approached him whilst he was leant against the car and he saw the upset look on her face. 

"Yeah, let's go" 

"Are you sure?" 

"I said I'm fine," she responded a little too aggressively.

He nodded before unlocking the car so both of them could get in. The journey to the Hard Deck was filled with an awkward silence, neither of them knowing what to say. 

However, when they had arrived and Hangman was about to get out the car, that was when Flynn finally spoke up. 

"Hangman," she said, putting her hand on his arm which stopped him opening the door. 

"Yeah?" he replied, turning to face her. 

Flynn took a deep breath before asking him something.