8

Flynn had spent the next day back at base with the aviators and working with Maverick like usual. She was learning lots of new things which would be useful to write about in her upcoming university assignment. As the aviators were all heavily training, she hadn't spent much time with them. Barely seeing Jake which she couldn't decide if that was a good or bad thing. She managed to have a chat with Rooster after they had finished training before Maverick took her back home. 

When Flynn went inside, she hanged up her jacket and bag before heading into the kitchen to get something to eat. That's when she noticed the huge bouquet of flowers on the counter. Curious to see who they were to and from whom, she looked for a card or a note which she found tucked into the side. 

To Flynn,

I've never bought flowers for anyone before so I got the ones that reminded me of you the most. I'm sorry for how I acted and I hope we can start again,

Jake 

Flynn's heart warmed at the thought that he had remembered that she said she wanted flowers. They were beautiful red roses, a classic choice but beautiful nevertheless. She got her phone from her pocket and sent Jake a message saying thank you before putting the flowers in a vase with water. 

Flynn: Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful 

Hangman: That's why I picked them out for you :) 

Flynn: This still doesn't change things you know

Hangman: I didn't think it would, which is why I'd like you to meet me at the Hard Deck at 8

Flynn: I don't know Hangman we've got to get up early tomorrow and you've got seriously hard training in the morning 

Hangman: Please, just for an hour 

Flynn: Fine I'll be there at 8. But if you're even a minute later I'm leaving 

Hangman: Got it. And you know you can call me Jake right

Flynn: I'll call you Jake when I trust you

Hangman: Ouch 

Flynn rolled her eyes at his last message before going upstairs to begin to get ready. She got changed into something more fancier than work clothes and applied some light makeup before tying up her hair into a mess bun, leaving out two pieces of hair to frame her face. By the time she was ready, it was time to go, so after locking up the house she set off walking to the Hard Deck. 

When she arrived, it was filled with aviators as usual. Penny had spotted her right away and called her over. 

"It's unlike you to be wearing a dress," Penny commented, "You look beautiful though, who are you trying to impress?" 

"I'm not trying to impress anyone, thank you very much" 

"Did you see the flowers?" 

"I did" 

"They were on the door step this afternoon, I think it was a nice gesture"