11

*Just a warning, it gets a lil spicy but no smut. I didn't know if it was enough to write a warning so I did one anyway lol*

Flynn had a lot of course work to complete so she had stayed home and not gone to base that day. She hadn't left her seat in the dining room, writing on her laptop, for over 6 hours. She had just about finished her last assignment when there was a knock on the door. Not expecting anyone, she went over to see who was there and was surprised to see Hangman stood there with a bunch of flowers in one hand, and a dvd in the other. 

"Hangman?" 

"Penny told me you've been working hard all day so I figured I'd come to make sure you have a break," he said with a genuine smile. 

"Oh, come in" 

Flynn stood to the side before letting him in and closing the door behind him. 

"I thought these would be a little nicer than basic roses," he chuckled whilst giving her the bouquet of pink and white lilies. 

"Thank you, they're beautiful. Let me get something to put them in" 

Flynn went into the kitchen and found the vase the roses were still in and put the lilies next to them before going back to Hangman who was still stood in the hallway. 

"Look, I don't want you to feel like you have to and I can go if you want me to. But I thought we could maybe watch a movie together, I asked Penny and she said your favourite film was 10 things I hate about you and I managed to find it on DVD and..."

"Seresin," she cut him off. 

"Yeah?" 

"Stop rambling, go set up the movie and I'll make us some popcorn" 

"Yes ma'am," he jokingly saluted her making her laugh before she headed into the kitchen. 

Flynn found the bag of popcorn in what Penny called the 'treasure cupboard' which was filled with treats for occasions like this one. She grabbed the biggest bowl she could find and filled it with the popcorn before going to the living room where Hangman was sat on the couch. 

"Ready when you are," Hangman winked as Flynn sat down next to him. 

The two of them sat eating their popcorn as the movie played. Both of them were sat like two awkward teenagers at a house party, not knowing what to say to each other. When they finished the bowl of popcorn, Flynn placed it on the coffee table, leaving a gap in-between them. 

Hangman had never felt this awkward around a woman before. He didn't wanna do anything that would make her uncomfortable. So after a long debate in his head, he decided on placing his arm on the back of the couch. He was cursing at himself for being so hesitant, but he didn't want to scare her away and he also didn't want to look soft. So, being like he is, he used his cockiness halfway through the movie. 

"You know, I don't bite sweetheart," he chuckled as he placed his arm that was on the couch, around her shoulders. 

Flynn was just as nervous as he was, yet she wasn't so good at hiding it.