18

6 years ago

Flynn was trying to study in her room quietly for the big test she had coming up before the summer break. However this was proving quite difficult with the arguing coming from downstairs that had been non stop for the past hour. Her mom and dad were at each other once again. And Flynn was quite frankly sick of it.

Having had enough, Flynn messaged her sister to ask if she could stay with her and Bradley for a while which she said yes to.

Melissa: Bradley will pick you up in 10 x

Flynn: Thank you, I owe you one x

Flynn packed a small suitcase with essentials that she would need for a couple of days before taking it downstairs to wait for Bradley. He didn't take long to arrive and Flynn was just about to walk out the door but her mom had gotten there first.

"And where do you think you're going?" Sarah questioned her daughter.

"I'm staying with Melissa and Brad for a few days so you and dad can sort your shit out. I can't think in this house with all the constant arguing," Flynn responded, getting annoyed.

"You're not fooling anyone Flynn. You just want to get your hands on her boyfriend," her mom scoffed, almost causing her heart to stop.

"You're out of your mind," she dismissed as she shoved past her mom and out of the door.

"That's it Flynn, run away like you always fucking do. Stupid girl," Sarah spat before slamming the door shut.

Bradley had heard everything. He was waiting outside of the car for the girl when he had overhead what her mother had said to her. He could also tell that Flynn was holding back tears.

"Hey, lemme get that for you," Bradley smiled as he took her suitcase from her and put it in the back of his Bronco, "Ready to go?"

Flynn gave him a nod before he opened the door for her to get in. He had always been a gentleman.

"I'm sorry for imposing on the two of you but..."

"Flynn, you're not imposing on us at all and there's no buts. You know you're welcome to stay with us whenever you like," Bradley cut her off reassuringly.

"Thank you"

The two soon arrived at Bradley and Melissa's home which was only a 10 minute drive away.

Melissa offered her sister an apologetic smile when Flynn entered the house before pulling her into a hug.

"You can stay here as long as you want to, okay?"

"Okay"

Flynn stayed with them for a few months. Life with them was perfect. There were no arguments like there was back home. She could get on with her school work just fine. In fact, her grades had began to improve.

"Is Melissa not home yet?" Flynn asked Bradley when she had gotten back from school, expecting her sister to be home from work.