Chapter 18

[??? POV]

Everything used to be simpler back then...

A peaceful school life, friends that I trust, and my dream being my job.

I know that an enormous amount of people would be envious of the life that I currently live, and I completely understand.

I did everything it took to reach this dream, even if it's unsavory. When it comes to your dream, you need to work hard at it, someday that work would pay off, it is simply how it works...

.....

This life of mine was a result of that hard work, being able to reach this dream with my own two hands had given me a sense of satisfaction with myself.

These hands that are so roughed up in working hard to get that dream and continuing to keep it alive for as long as I could.

So far, everything has been working out fine...

...until that day, that day where I was too comfortable with everything that I forgot the risks this dream had...

That even though I still kept this dream and everything in it, I lost...everything else.

The first time was during the 2nd Quarter of the School Year, Exams had just finished and due to my job, I lacked the quota for the required school days present, therefore I needed to attend supplementary classes.

There was nobody at school, since it was the weekend, which is a relief since the weekdays were usually so chaotic that I had to specifically request the classes to be held on the weekends. It did not matter how much time it took, as long as I can simply pass the time doing things a regular student can.

Since the campus was fairly large, I took my time in walking the quiet hallways, it was nice to not be crowded for once, something that often happens in and out of school.

But upon arrival at the class, I overheard the teacher tutoring someone, so I originally concluded that I simply got the classroom wrong, but looking at the plates...

"Class 1-C..."

A class for the 1st Years.

Since this is the first year of my Middle School years, I couldn't afford to not attend any of these supplementary classes that I requested myself, else not only would it have a permanent mark on my school record, I would have also been required to repeat the school year, which is not a nice thing to look at in regards to that dream of mine.

I sighed, as much as I wanted this to be a time all to myself, it is a luxury that I simply do not have.

I was blissfully unaware of the events that would unfold in this small classroom that would result in something... beautiful.

Opening the door, I was met with the Homeroom Teacher of the Class, due to being in Class 1-A, I had an entirely different Homeroom Teacher from the one present, but it seems that this teacher was in charge today.

Of course, my attention didn't linger on the teacher's for long and moved on to the student being taught, he looked young, obviously shorter than I, and he seemed to be struggling.

"This is the 3rd time I'll be teaching you Linear Questions, why can't you seem to get it?"

"I-I'm sorry, sensei! I did my best, really! I just... can't seem to get it."

"You failed 2 exams, and stuck in tutoring of the same subject you keep failing at, while your classmates have been moving on with entirely different topics..."

The teacher came off as someone who was tired of teaching the student, but due to my experience in dealing with people, it was obvious to me that they were simply looking out for him, making him aware of how much he's being left out.