Chapter 21

[3rd Person POV]

After-School...

A time most students looked forward to, and this is not exempt when it comes to students of Hope's Peak, it is something both the Main Course and the Reserve Course students alike agreed with.

It was a fairly early-out for the students of the Main Course, having wrapped up lessons early, the teachers let their students go home without any homework as it was a Friday.

Speaking of Friday, this was also the day that a certain detective was awfully looking forward to, but alas because of circumstances, she could not fully immerse herself in this trip.

Kyoko Kirigiri walked the hallways of the campus from her classroom, being one of the people to quickly leave class once it's finished.

Before leaving the school however, she entered the restroom to freshen herself up, she is going on a trip with someone after all, there's no shame in looking her best.

But upon looking at her reflection in the mirror, there was one thought.

'Maybe I overdid it a little...'

(Art ain't mine! I can't draw to save my life!! 😂)

Clearly, she looked good, but seeing how she appeared in the mirror, the detective realized as to why a certain classmate of hers was surprised since this isn't something she would usually wear.

[~Flashback~]

It was lunch time for Class 78 and the majority of the students preferred to eat at the cafeteria as opposed to bringing their own lunches.

Kyoko was not one of these students however. She had always eaten her prepared lunches at class, since she spends the majority of her time thinking about something even while eating lunch.

This day was no exception; she thought about the project her father wanted her to oversee, but being provided with absolutely no information other than a vague date of a year and a half ago, as well as the subject having no idea who they are, it made everything a little difficult for her.

She requested copies of various students' profile, and she wound up in a dead end.

Nobody was suspicious... And she was certain that her class was in the clear since their records are complete, only Mukuro Ikusaba could be considered a little suspicious because of her affiliations, but that's exactly why she's clear... As far as Kyoko knows, the project was never recorded, since that would never be written in her profile if she was in the project.

Class 77-B was also in the clear, they've been here for longer than Kyoko's class were, and there was never a change in the students other than their teacher being changed to Yukizome Chisa during the start of the semester.

Then her thoughts landed on Class 79...

It was almost full of suspicious people, but not enough to trigger any alarms.