26|| "Brian May"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

BRIAN MAY
/brai·uhn may/

(n.) The guitarist for the british rock band Queen and Doctor of astrophysics specializing in interplanetary dust
⤷Alternate Definition- Space Dad and best friend to Roger Taylor
⤷See Also- The character played by Gwilym Lee in Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia's walk reminded her of the times when Gwil wasn't always super busy with acting. They had shared an apartment ever since she decided living with mom and dad was far worse than rooming with her smelly older brother.

Whenever Gwil was home, they'd take a jog to this fantastic pub that was a few blocks down from their complex. They served the best food. It was always super relaxing and reminded her of the times when her mom would make home-cooked meals. The pub quickly became the spot, she would meet Gwil there for conversation or a plate of chips. Any excuse to go there.

The pub closed down a few years later from when Octavia moved in. As she passed it on her walk today she noted that it was now some high end tea and coffee cafe, a much more uptight and less relaxed version of its previous business.

Passing the old pub made her realize that her and Gwil never found another spot, another haven to just relax in when they had the time. She made note to absolutely make him choose a new place, something that they could share again— start up more conversations without being fully endelved in each other's lives.

Missing the pub made her realize how far she had strayed from her roots. Of course no one wants to be stagnate forever, but she wished she could've just skipped the growing stages and entered the knowledge one— the stage where she no longer had to make mistakes and then make the same ones over again. A new connection with family, that's what she needed.

Now as she sat her on a park bench with a fully drank smoothie, she reflected on how much her life had changed. She loved the thrill of fame— the costumes, the makeup, the rush of being on stage and memorizing lines. But she also hated the fact that privacy was now a luxury. When her and Gwil would walk to the pub late at night, it was just her and her brother. Now she even steps outside anywhere she's Gwilym Lees little sister and Borhap bass instructor. She wished she could just keep doing what she loved without any of the publicity.

She decided she wouldn't change any of it though. Even through all the rough patches she still managed to meet the most incredible people, people she hoped to be life long friends with.

And Joe. She'd never change a thing about her life because it at least led her to him. Joe was a difficult specimen through, she couldn't quite place him in her life. Were they friends? Best friends? Were they—?

It didn't matter, she still had all of them and that was enough for her. She really wished she had one right now, ready and available to pick her up. The park bench was getting uncomfortable.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gwil stripped his costume as fast as he could as he frantically searched for his keys. Once he found them he slipped his shoes on and made his way out of his dressing room. He tried to dodge camera equipment, set pieces, extras, and anything else in his way. Unfortunately, he wasn't watching for the wires and cables on the ground and managed to find a loose one, which he hooked his shoe on and tripped right in front of the Directors office. How embarrassing.