14|| "Reality"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

COMPETITION
/ˌkämpəˈtiSH(ə)n/

(n.)the activity or condition of competing.
(n.)the person or people with whom one is competing, especially in a commercial or sporting arena; the opposition.
⤷Alternate definition: Something Christian finally thought he had
      ⤷See also: Something Christian most definitely had.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The weight of the world had finally hit Octavia. She could no longer put anything on pause. Her parents were getting a divorce. She was losing her boyfriend. She had almost lost her best friend. And she had to deal with all of it massively hungover. She was at least lucky to have woken up in her bed for she heard the others didn't have the most ideal sleeping places.

Octavia, being the drunkest, ended the party abruptly after doing what she does best, which is passing out in the most dramatic way. She was put to bed immediately and everyone else settled in because absolutely no one was driving home.

Gwilym claimed that he found Rami slung across the patio furniture on the balcony, but Rami quickly denied that considering he had never been on the balcony that night. Lucy was snuggled up on the couch, Joe in their Recliner, and Ben spread out on the floor. The most shocking find from Gwilym, since he was the first to wake, was finding the blonde next to him in his bed. He decided not to deal with that, at least not right now at least.

He wanted Octavia to wake up last, he figured that would be the least awkward way to go. When he went to wake the others, he hovered momentarily over Joe, the smudged stain of Octavia's lipstick still lingered on his mouth. Gwilym shook his head in dismay. This wasn't the most outrageous thing she'd ever done, but playing with his best friends heart was definitely a first. 

"Lucy, love, hey... hey...." Gwil gently shook her awake, being extra careful not to stir her abruptly.

"Gwil? Gwil... What time is it?" She barely shifted her head as she rubbed her eyes, smearing last nights mascara over her eyelids.

"It's noon. Look you better get up, I can get you some water if you want?" He whispered to her. And as he did he heard the ginger start to wake.

"Water would be great, thanks."

"I wasn't offering you water." Gwil emphasized on the you, and heard Joe groan.

"Water would be amazing, thank you."

"Could I have a glass too, mate?" Came a voice from somewhere in the corner.

"Jesus, Allen, I forgot you were here." Gwil jumped.

"Thanks mate." Allen said with a straight face. "Haven't heard that one before."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gwil, being the amazing, responsible person that he was, woke everyone up and remedied their hangovers to the best of his abilities. He huddled everyone into the kitchen and didn't even notice that Octavia had walked down the steps, not realizing that everyone was still there.

"How are you so up right now? I heard you get up Gwil, don't you understand that it's only.... noon, oh." She said from the living room, looking at the clock hanging on the wall. She rubbed her eyes and headed for the kitchen island. Everyone shifted around uncomfortably as Octavia and Joe's eyes met.