33|| "Loverboy"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

EIFFEL TOWER
/ai·fuhl tau·ur/

(n.) a wrought-iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France.
⤷see also- Octavia's #1 sight on her bucket list.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Privacy sign on the door
And on my page
And on the whole world

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

📍 Paris, France

sunbeams danced on her face and skin from the dewy morning sunrise. Everything seemed to be slower in Paris. Octavia was curled up in a seat on the balcony of her Parisian suite, draped in the top sheet from the queen bed her and Joe shared- on purpose this time.

It had been Octavia's dream to watch the sun rise over the Eiffel tower and so she did exactly that. Joe would have joined her, but he looked too precious to wake up to which she left him sleeping surrounded by a mass of pillows and covers.

She kept the French windows open just in case he were to stir, casting a stiff breeze into the bedroom to which she grabbed the sheet to keep warm. The rays began pouring into the bedroom as the sun rose, spilling golden streaks over the gilded bedframe and Joe's amber hair and pale face.

The sunrise was gorgeous, painting the sky in pale blues and ballerina pinks. She rested her head in the palm of her hand, nearly nodding off to sleep again, not even trying to fight it like she did patiently waiting for the sun to rise just moments ago. She felt a presence behind her, catching the faintest noise of the bed squeaking as Joe was finally waking up.

He caught a glimpse of Octavia on the balcony as he rubbed his tired eyes. He stretched and hesitantly placed his bare feet on the cold hard floor. He tiptoed quietly to the French windows and carefully leaned against the foundation of one.

She looked up at him, nearly startling her, with a scrunched face attempting to focus on the man in front of her.

"Good morning" she said groggily, realizing that sleep defeated her more than she cared to admit. She offered a kind smile.

"Morning, my darling" he added back and approached her slowly. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear that had fallen out of the bun she pulled her hair back into. He did this with such gentleness that she wasn't expecting his next move.

He swiftly scooped her up from the chair, abandoning the top sheet to reveal the silk negligee she was wearing. He swung her in a circle before promptly placing her back onto the ground. He familiarized his hand with the thin strap to her dress that had now fallen down before placing it back on her shoulder.

She enjoyed the tenderness of the silence, focusing intently on how the light hit his hair in all of the right places. She thought about how she could run her fingers through it forever and ever and ever. And now that she was officially allowed to, she draped her arms around him, resting them on his bare shoulders. This freed her sides, in which Joe's hands fit perfectly on the curves of her waist. She placed her hands on the nape of his neck and trailed her fingers into his still curly hair. This move slyly pulled him into a kiss, in which the couple melted back onto the bed.