28|| "Freddie Mercury"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

FREDDIE MERCURY
/freh·dee muh·kyuh·ree/

(n.) Lead vocalist for the rock band Queen, Japanese culture enthusiast, and avid lover of cats.
⤷Alternate Definition- Drama Queen and inventor of the word "darling"
⤷See also- the character played by Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hi Allen! Remember me?" Amelia beamed and reached her hand out to shake Allen's hand.

"Unfortunately." He stated and put his hand in his pocket.

The blonde slowly dropped her hand in an awkward silence as Octavia pulled on Allen's arm. That was a sign to get the hell out of there right away.

"So no more Joey?" She asked sympathetically.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Just so you can go blab to your bestie Blaire? I don't think so." Octavia rolled her eyes at Amelia.

"That was an honest mistake. I don't need to blab about your personal life, Octavia, you're too mainstream now to need my help." She retorted.

"Someone's jealous. Come on Allen let's go." She attempted to turn around.

"Octavia... wait."

She paused over the consideration of turning around to face the blonde. She knew that staying would just fuel her satisfaction, but she also knew that leaving was an open invitation to never leave her alone. With this, Octavia decided to get some last few words in.

"Over my dead body, Amelia." She said and left with Allen immediately, leaving the blonde alone in the foyer of the restaurant, alone once again. Oh well.

They practically ran out of the restaurant back to Allen's car trying to dodge any more awkward interactions that Octavia could walk herself into. 

"What the hell was that?" Octavia finally asked.

"I don't know mate it's your life not mine." They laughed at Allen's comment as he started his car and made his way to her apartment.

"Man, two awkward interactions in the same day." Octavia reflected on both her conversations with Christian and Amelia, if you could call them that.

"You're the only person I could see that happening to."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, now that you all know the intricate details of these plans, what do we all think?" Joe questioned after mapping out, googling, and visualizing his entire trip for them.

"I have one complaint."

"Yes Benjamin?" Joe asked.

"Why aren't you taking me instead of her?"

"Don't worry Ben, I'll take you around the world some day." They shared a loving grin and a wink.

"Gross. I think the plans are beautiful, any girl would just melt to have such a trip be gifted to her." Lucy commented, elbowing Rami in the side for him to take a hint.