21|| "You Know What's Funnier Than 24?"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

TWENTY FIVE
/ˈtwen(t)ē fīv/

(n.) Your quarter life crisis according to Gardner Langway: Dear Sidewalk (2013)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The only day Octavia would be up early. Her bedroom curtains glittered with morning light as she laid on Christian's chest, completely silent.

She took her index finger and started outlining Christian's jawline, then to the bridge of his nose. Following this motion was lining the side of neck effortlessly into his collarbone. From his collarbone she trailed her finger down his sternum to the middle of his torso, down to right above his bellybutton. She then stopped and placed her hand on his bare chest.

They made eye contact when he stirred finally. He gave her a confused look, smiled, and then huffed in morning exhaustion.

"You're staring." He told her as he massaged the area between his eyebrows.

"No, I'm gazing." She rolled her eyes and continued to look at the dark haired boy.

"It's creepy." He informed her.

"No, it's romantic." She argued, smiling as she bit her lip.

"You want breakfast?" She offered as she sat up and stretched.

"Sure. Waffles?" He offered.

"You disgust me. Pancakes." She argued.

"Same difference." He rolled his eyes.

"You are wrong. But I forgive. Come on." She beckoned him as she slipped on a silk robe to cover her tank top and sleep shorts, Christian joining her in just his boxers as they headed down the stairs.

"Pancakes and Waffles are virtually the same thing. You just have selective taste." He teased her quietly.

"I don't like crunchy cake, and that's exactly what waffles are."

"What kind of waffles are you hav-"

"Happy Birthday-" Amelia and Gwilym began, nearly dropping the breakfast platter they were holding when they saw Christian.

"Fuck." Was all Octavia could manage.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So you conveniently forgot that it was your birthday or were you just not going to tell me?" Christian asked her angrily as he stumbles to put his jeans on.

"I'm sorry I didn't think to tell you, I thought I already did." She fought back as she too struggled to put on last nights clothing.

"So you thought bringing me here to later embarrass me in front of people that I'm sure hate me by now?"

"I didn't 'bring you here' to hurt you in any capacity. Not everything is a personal attack on you, you know that right?"