4|| "Opportunities"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

DECISION
/dəˈsiZHən/
(n.) a conclusion or resolution reached after consideration

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In one word ,Octavia was indeed fucked. She hadn't talked to either Christian or Amelia when she bolted out of the coffee shop the other day. What do you say to someone when their crush asks you out? So her conclusion was to lock herself, her books, and three pizza boxes all in her room, completely shut off from society.

All while Octavia's life was falling apart, Gwil couldn't be any closer to Cloud Nine. She still hadn't given him an answer on the job offer even though she totally wanted to work with him and the others.

She had heard so much about the new friends he was making: the blond with the looks of Roger Taylor, the intelligent Rami Malek, the beautiful Lucy... or was it Lucille? and last but not least, the one she heard the most about, the bassist she would be teaching. Octavia wasn't the best at remembering names .

She really wanted to meet the people who made Gwil's life so awesome but she wasn't sure if she was ready to come to terms with happiness yet, especially when shes been anti-social for three days.

"I'm going to set for some costume rehearsal, are you sure you don't just wanna go and meet them?" Gwil asked, standing in the middle of her door frame.

"I'm positive." Octavia stated, looking up from her books, "I have a date anyway."

"A date? with who?"

"Self pity." Octavia smiled sarcastically at Gwilym who just gave her an eye roll.
"Fine, be that way. But I'm sure if you just call her she'll answer, she can't be mad at you, you didn't do anything wrong, remember?" And while Gwilym's words made sense, Octavia just wasn't sure if she was ready.

"I'll... think about it."

"Well, I'm off. Take care." He waved before stepping out, "Oh that reminds me, I still need an answer for the position, we start learning our instruments soon and if we don't get an answer, they're gonna hire someone else. Just something to think about." And he was down the stairs and almost out the door. Octavia mulled over Gwils words; what's the point in sitting here being sad for herself when she could be living her dream?

"Gwil, wait!" Octavia rushed herself down the stairs.

"Yes, Octavia?"

"I'll do it, I'll teach bass." This is the most happiness she's allowed herself in three days and honestly, she kind of forgot what it felt like. Gwilym melted into a warm smile, he clearly enjoyed the news too.

"that's.... That's really great Octavia. They'll be dying to meet you."

"Yeah? Well I can't go today, Amelia and I have a date to plan." Octavia's smiled stretched from ear to ear as Gwilym returned the same smile, it was almost identical. And as Gwil left for practice, he couldn't help but feel joy for Octavia's return to normalcy.

Octavia rushed to her bedroom, put her books on the floor and pulled out her phone.

IMESSAGE