03 | dustin's new pet

Chapter Three🎲Dustin's New Pet

Chapter Three
🎲
Dustin's New Pet

Chapter Three🎲Dustin's New Pet

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

            Dustin wanted to keep the slug they had found, and pleaded to Olivia if he could keep it. Olivia denied at first, but finally gave in when he wouldn't stop pleading. So, not wanting to explain it to their mother, Olivia slowly crept into their house first to see if she was asleep yet. When she thought the coast was clear, she gestured to Dustin that it was okay. However, after a few steps, Claudia Henderson had saw them, her chirpy voice stopping the siblings in their tracks.

            "Livy? Dusty?" Their mother called. Dustin sighed, not wanting to face her right now. "How was it?"

            "How was what?" The siblings chorused.

            "How was what? The greatest night of the year of course," Claudia exclaimed with a laugh. Just then Mews slipped her way towards Olivia and curled up on her feet. Olivia picked her up and Mews nudged her head on Olivia's shoulder. Olivia cooed at her beloved cat.

             "Oh yeah," Dustin stuttered. "It was uh, tubular. Right, Liv?"

             "Uh yeah... totally, tubular?" Olivia said slowly, not knowing what the word tubular meant. Claudia frowned at her children's offbeat behavior. Olivia grimaced, knowing fully well that her mother could sense something was up.

              "What's wrong with you guys?" Claudia queried after an awkward pause.

            "Nothing," They said in unison, again.

             Their mother's face softened, her motherly instincts starting to kick in. "Did something happen?"

             "No. What? No." Dustin denied quickly.