08 | nothing is ever as it seems

Chapter Eight
🕰️
Nothing Is Ever As It Seems

Chapter Eight🕰️Nothing Is Ever As It Seems

𓆩♡𓆪

            After the horrific events of yesterday, Olivia suggested that everyone stayed together at the Wheeler's home so that Max had a safe place to stay with lots of people around her. Everyone took turns throughout the night to keep an eye on her and make sure that she was okay. Olivia was still shaken up, she couldn't get the image of Max levitating out of her head. She was about to die, right in front of her eyes. But thanks to Nancy and Robin, they managed to save her just in time.

            She tossed and turned throughout the night. She couldn't help but think, what if they hadn't saved her in time? What if that had been Dustin under the curse? She tried to shake off the feeling but it continued to haunt her. After almost loosing Max, Olivia learned the hard way how precious time spent with your loved ones really is. You never know how much time you have left.

            She finally fell asleep on Steve's shoulder, who had already been fast asleep, but it wasn't long until the voice of the one and only Eddie Munson woke her up. Rubbing her eyes from exhaustion, she unwillingly got up from the couch to get Dustin's walkie and answer Eddie. "Eddie? Hi, it's me, Liv," She greeted, her voice groggily from just waking up.

            "Oh, Lady Henderson! Hey!" Eddie perked up. Even though Olivia couldn't see him, she could hear the playfulness that was always held in his tone.

            "Don't call me Lady Henderson," Olivia cringed. She hated the nickname Eddie gave her. He had given it to her back when Dustin first joined Hellfire Club. In the few times she went to Hellfire with Dustin, Eddie started calling her Lady Henderson and the nickname stuck with him.

            "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon. Unless you want me going out into the world-"

            "No, no, just stay where you are and will be there as soon as we can," Olivia promised.

            "Listen, um, can you pick me up a six pack? I know, I know. It's stupid as shit drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves," Eddie pleaded.

            Nancy was the next one to wake up and joined Olivia's side. "Liv, where's Max?" She whispered. Alarmed by Nancy's question, she drifted her attention away from Eddie and her eyes grew big when she noticed that Max was gone.

            "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back," Olivia said hurriedly to Eddie, hanging up the walkie.

            Dustin was sleeping peacefully to her right, and Olivia would've almost felt bad for waking him up if she hadn't been so worried about Max. "Dustin! Wake up! Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?" She panicked, shoving Dustin's shoulders lightly.