06 | harrington the hero

Chapter Six
🍦
Harrington the Hero

Chapter Six🍦Harrington the Hero

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

The gang had been walking down the lengthy tunnel for what felt like an eternity. Olivia wiped her eyes from exhaustion and her body was starting to drain. She was walking in between Steve and Erica, and Steve put an arm around her when he noticed that she was starting to slow down a little. Olivia was starting to loose hope if they would ever make it out.

            "I mean you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," Dustin spoke up.

            Olivia looked passed Erica and Robin at Dustin and tilted her head at him. "Dusty, what are you talking about? I mean, we almost just died in that elevator. And who knows how long 'till we make it out of this tunnel."

            "Exactly," Steve agreed. "There's no stairs, no exit, and as Liv said, there's just an elevator to drop you half way to hell," He said bitterly.

            "They're commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners," Erica chipped in.

            "To be fair to our Russian Conrads, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. I mean, think about it. They developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo," Robin pointed out.

            "It all comes into the mall like any old delivery," Dustin added in.

            "And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser," Olivia chimed in, tucking her hair behind her ear.

            "You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve wondered curiously.

            "I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison," Dustin disagreed. "It's gotta be much more valuable. Like promethium or something."

            "What the hell is promethium?" Steve asked cluelessly.

            "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin explained.

            "Your all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica said, putting a hand to her stomach pretending to be sick. Olivia never considered herself a nerd, even though she basically was one. Most of the stuff she knew was because of Dustin and she always learned from him whenever he rambled on about something he learned from Mr. Clarke.

            "No, no, no, don't lump me in with them," Steve said quickly. "I'm not a nerd, all right?"

            "Why so sensitive Harrington?" Robin snickered. "Afraid of loosing points to a 10-year-old child?"

            "No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus," Steve scoffed. Olivia let out a giggle at the Harrington boy, leaning in closer to his side. Steve was always adorable to Olivia, especially when he was so clueless about something.