04 | a world beneath hawkins

Chapter Four
🕰️
A World Beneath Hawkins

Chapter Four 🕰️A World Beneath Hawkins

𓆩♡𓆪

The gang was occupied with phones, trying to contact people who they thought might help them reach to Eddie. Olivia and Dustin were sharing a phone, with Dustin leaning in to hear the other end of the phone call. Olivia couldn't imagine how scared Eddie must have been. She knew there was no way that Eddie could have done this to Chrissy. From the few interactions Olivia has had with the older boy, he was very kind and she also trusted Dustin's judgement.

            About 30 minutes later, Olivia let out a sigh of frustration when they seemed to have gotten nowhere in finding Eddie. "Thank you for your time. Sorry to bother you," Olivia sighed, putting the phone down and crossing off another name on their list.

            "Hey guys, I might have a lead," Max informed to the group, grabbing everyone's attention. Olivia was just beginning to loose hope, and to hear Max's words made her feel hopeful again. She was worried for Eddie just as much as Dustin was, and was worried for his safety.

            "Seriously?" Olivia and Dustin chorused, which made Robin form a small smile at the siblings dynamic. Even just from these small little notices, you could easily tell how close they were. Sometimes it was scary just how alike they were. Yet it was also endearing.

            "Yeah," Max nodded with a hint of hope glimmering in her green eyes. "Apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

            "That sounds promising," Robin piped up. "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

            "See, that's the thing. No one knows. He's more of a legend than someone people actually know," Max tried to explain.

            "Well, what about a last name?" Dustin questioned.

            "Bet the cops know the last name," Steve chipped in for the first time in a while, catching everyone's attention. He was stacking and organizing the video tapes back on the shelf before turning around to face the group. Everyone exchanged looks of confusion.

            "The cops," Steve repeated, walking closer to the others and crossing his arms on the table. "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick guy is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point."

            "The cops?" Dustin rolled his eyes with slight irritation written in his voice. "Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?"