10 | see you on the other side

Chapter 10🕰️See You On The Other Side

Chapter 10
🕰️
See You On The Other Side

            Olivia Henderson never thought she would find herself in the Upside Down again

            Olivia Henderson never thought she would find herself in the Upside Down again. After diving into the lake, she spotted a strange red glow and once she hesitantly swam towards it, she realized that it must have been was the gate. Upon entering the Upside Down, she noticed it was just as she remembered, except it immediately felt much scarier and darker than the last time she was there. It was no doubt the most terrifying place in the world.

            All she could see was different shades of red surrounding her. If she hadn't known what this world already was, she would've thought it was Hell. Her eyes travelled to the ground that was covered in slimy vines. She cautiously watched her step, trying not to trip or get caught in them.

            The sky was painted a devil shade of red, a dark cloud was looming over her, and every now and then a bolt of lightning would strike from the sky. A couple of bats were swarming in the air, screeching out the most unpleasant high-pitched wails. She ducked her head and covered her ears with her hands when one of the bats swooshed over her. It was an unearthly, hellish world that was far beyond her worst nightmares. But she was here to find and save Steve, and get out of here as soon as she could.

It wasn't long until Robin, Nancy, and Eddie joined her at her side. "Y-you guys followed me here?" She asked, suddenly overwhelmed with love and warmth.

"Didn't think we'd let you go on your own, did you?" Robin said as another bolt of lightening struck the sky. "You might need this," The blonde added, handing Olivia an oar.

Olivia smiled at her friends, but before she could reply, her breath hitched when she heard the sound of Steve's agonizing screams. Olivia screamed out his name and followed the sound of his screams. She stopped in her tracks out of the utmost fear when she finally spotted him. Her Steve. He was lying on the ground, tied to some vines from the ground while bats were surrounding his body.